“One of my favorite places in Chicago”

Yu's Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 323 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
San Francisco, California
“One of my favorite places in Chicago”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Don't really need to go to Chicago Chinatown for good Chinese food when there's Yu's. We ordered the 8 Treasure Tofu Pot, Walnut Shrimp, and the Salt & Pepper Smelts. All were very good but the only issue we had was that it wasn't very hot, more like lukewarm in temperature. The portion sizes were excellent. Especially like their use of large shrimp for the walnut shrimp dish. Lots of leftovers to take home.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Schaumburg, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Chinese Cuisine at its Best!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family love this place. Food is excellent and price is reasonable. Try their seafood combination platter and their fried rice. On weekends, you have to wait for about 30 mins to be seated. Once order is made, their service is quick.

• Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“The best Chinese restaurant”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is pretty much the only Chinese restaurant that I like. I don't go there often as I live fairly far but when I'm in Schaumburg it is a must stop. My favorite dish is sesame beef. No other restaurant has it.

• Visited May 2013
Manila, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bucuo (不错)”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was there with the whole clan last March 2013. I thought the food was great. But then in April 2013 and for 3 months, I had the opportunity to study in China. There I experienced real Chinese food prepared and served in real Chinese style! Of course nothing compares to Chinese food in China, but Yu's Mandarin isn't bad.

• Visited March 2013
WESTMONT
“WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Most of my life I have ate at local, general chinese restaurants that use all of that MSG. Yu's is an upscale true Chinese restaurant. You know the food is good when all of the Chinese people eat there.

My wife and I have been back several times. We won't go to any other Chinese restaurant.

You will not be disappointed.

Bob