“Good Greek Food in the Burbs”
Review of Greek Village Taverna - CLOSED

Greek Village Taverna
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Good Greek Food in the Burbs”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My last trip to this restaurant was with a Groupon. The service was good and so was the food. I had a Gyro dinner and my wife had the Greek chicken. The quantity was a bit smaller than I expected on the chicken. The rice that came with the Gyro dinner brought back the days when I lived in Chicago and ate in Greek Town. I will go back because this is the only place I have found that has good Greek food in the burbs.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service ever experienced at any restaurant I have ever been to”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here last night. I will say this, I am Greek and I won't even go back here! We both won't ever reccomend this place to anyone! Our server who I am guessing is the owner was so rude to us that I thought I was in a dream- it was unreal!! I'll list everything :
-he was unattentive to us the entire time
-people who were seated and served after us got their dinners BEFORE we did!
-he seemed to favor tables with older people ... Who looked to be Greek (I know it's weird, but that's really what happened) the other young couple sitting next to us left very unhappy also- he gave them the same treatment. Just because we are young doesn't mean we won't tip u well! He would have gotten an awesome tip if he was nice!
-he got the wrong order for my boyfriend and when we tried to get his attention he ignored us
-took 20 mins and we didn't even get our bill. We had to get his attention
-We got our bill and he charged us for the meal we DID not order, which was way more expensive than what we originally ordered. We had told him he mixed up our order before we got the bill but he didn't seem to care. Seems like he was trying to rip us off
-my boyfriend asked him nicely to adjust the bill. The waiter rolled his eyes and walked away. He came back and set the menu Infront of my boyfriend and walked away for a few minutes. He came back explaining the menu and prices very rudely. Then he says "you should have told me that I messed up your order when you received the food." the reason we didn't : we waited almost 2 hours for our food to come out because service was that bad( place wasn't even that busy, people after us who came in were served right away). So by this time, we were starving which is why we said something halfway after my boyfriend was eating)
-he was so mad and walked away and the only thing he took off the bill was the appetizer.

Schaumburg
“You win some you loose some”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Worst experience here. They were so busy the staff didn't know which end was up. And it showed. Ate at the bar and heard comments fro bartender correcting patrons on how and when to order. Then he totally screwed up the bill by combining a gentleman next to me with mine. They had no clue how to address the register. I hope they refunded the transaction to the other guy.
Hope they get better. Their food is adequate but it tasted like the bread was baked a week ago.

Schaumburg, Illinois
“Used to be one of my favorite places”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I used to love this restaurant and would go often for many years. In the past couple of years, however, it has really gone down hill. At first we would just put it down to an off night, but after many "off nights" we had to cross it off our list of favorite restaurants. $17 for a chicken kabob with maybe four cubes of chicken on it is just too expensive. Portion sizes shrank, but prices went up. Consistency also went down hill. The chicken picatta would be different each time I would order it, and the chicken breast was smaller by half. The quality/quantity of the side dishes went down as well. The servers have always been very nice, however. And they make a mean apple martini. Just wish they would have kept up the quality of the food.

• Visited May 2013
Surprise, Arizona
“Not quite up to it's own standards!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We were frequent diners here when we lived in the area and
looked forward to a repeat of the many fine meals we previously enjoyed.
Had good service, fun atmosphere, and one of two fine lamb dishes. My wife's leg of lamb was plentiful, tender and tasty.
I'm sorry I ordered the more expensive loin lamb chops;
they came overcooked and even a little burnt. By thetime to discuss correcting it, we had to leave.
We really liked the Greek potatoes and the Roditis wine and
will try again when next in Illinois.

• Visited August 2013