“Disappointing!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 318 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Bahamian, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mooresville, Indiana, United States
“Disappointing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Have been here twice ... first time, about 6 months ago, remember some wonderful black bean soup and that the restaurant was very busy and crowded. This second visit, was not nearly so busy, but the noise level was very high ... our party of 5, sitting at a round table, could hardly carry on a conversation. Most of my group was pleased with their meals - two steaks, a burger, and a jerk chicken dish. I, however, ordered a "special" - ahi tuna - that was really bad. Ahi tuna should be a premium quality tuna, seared quickly but still pretty raw in the middle. The server asked whether I wanted it grilled or sautéed, neither of which seemed like "seered" to me, but she recommended grilled, so I said OK. Ahi tuna should be firm but flaky ... the fish I got was very grissly, to the point I had to cut it with a knife - fish! It had no flavor at all. The accompanying asparagus was very tiny stalks, very overcooked and mushy, and yet so tough they couldn't even be cut with a knife. (Asparagus can be an iffy side, but most restaurants would rather say "we don't have asparagus today" when good asparagus isn't available.) Service was ok for a group, although our server was a little over the top giddy - while I like a friendly server, she was a little beyond what is acceptable. Working in this area for several months - not sure we'll make a return visit here.

Visited July 2014

“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

These restaurants can be found in most big cities it seems. I like the menu because it is different enough from other similar restaurants and offers a taste of the islands along with a generally tasteful atmosphere.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ppaintguy
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Usually pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

I've been here four times. The food and service has been good every time except the last. First the bad... The Tilapia Mango Glazed - with grilled pineapple salsa, was not delicate, it was over cooked and tough (how do you do that), I was mild, as in bland. I won't order that again. One of my favorite fish, but they killed it. I also ordered a lobster tail to go with the meal, which they forgot to cook and scrambled to get it done once I mentioned it. However the lobster was delicious and the manager did make an effort by offering a free dessert.

Craft Beer... well... sort of. Aruba Red is brewed for Bahama Breeze by Anhueser-Busch Specialty Group. It's actually pretty good.

Now for the good. Love the happy hour half price appetizers!

Some favorites are:
- Lobster And Shrimp Quesadilla
- Jumbo Lump Crab Stack - different but good - served cold with chilled shrimp, avocado and fresh mango.
- Firecracker Shrimp - Hello comfort food!
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings - Juicy tender chicken wings with a really interesting flavor.
- Bahamian Seafood Chowder - not what you'll get on the east coast, but pretty good for Chicago.

Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
“Good food; terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Four of us visited this restaurant at 5:30 on a Friday night. The server saw us carrying in birthday gifts and asked if someone was having a birthday. We replied yes, that two people in our group were celebrating birthdays. We then asked if they would receive a free drink or dessert and we were told no.

She then informed us that all drinks and appetizers were half price until 6:00 pm. We ordered drinks and she then returned to our table to inform us that she was mistaken. Neither the drinks or appetizers were half price.

We ordered our appetizer well in advance of our entrees and yet the appetizer arrived at the same time we received our entree. Two of the appetizer plates we were given were dirty. One of the people in our party received her beverage in a glass with a chip along the rim. The same individual ordered a chicken dish which was supposed to have spinach in it. When the entree came, there was no spinach. She informed the server who just kind of shrugged and left it at that.

In all fairness, with all of the above problems, I will admit that the food was very good.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
st. louis, mo area
“May be a chain, but still worth going to”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Because we had such a miserable dinner the night before and getting to downtown was a nightmare because of road closures, we decided to go over to Schaumburg and try Bahama Breeze. Glad we did. I had jerk chicken which was excellent. My husband had a fish dish that was very good also. Our waiter, Danny P., was a blast. We really had a great time. Worth the money, which was not much. The drinks were very good, also. Try it; you might like it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles