“Nice atmosphere to enjoy family and friends food quality not so much”
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 343 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Went to celebrate my 2 April chrildren birthdays. The restaurant decor and atmosphere its nice. The food was ok not the best didn't make me feel like it was a place I want to go again soon. The hummus appetizer was good with the exception of it coming with only veggie sticks with only 3 chips seriously chips are used more with hummus..you have too pay another appetizer fee for more than 3 chips.the applewood bacon burger had way too much pepper you can't taste the meat Or bacon..didn't impress me...my daughter had the only vegetarian dish they carry which is An Asian rice with tofu. She liked the rice but the tofu they use is soggy that was a waste. big down fall is they use to much premade or frozen items empinadas I was told are frozen. Why would I pay 13 bucks for a dish that comes with frozen not fresh food I can buy a box of those for less than that...the veggies they use are frozen prepacked so if you want or have allergy to mushrooms you do without the other veggies that come in a dish. If I want frozen prepacked food I can buy it myself and make it at home for less...when I spend money at a restaurant I want food better than mine and fresh ingredients not frozen and prepacked. And the length of time it took they could've prepped the food itself...so best thing about it was the atmosphere food prices too high for so much premade

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Although I love the atmosphere, the food is inconsistent. Always have good service were friendly waitstaff. A little more concentration on quality over quantity would be an improvement.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Going to Bahama Breeze, is like going to a tropical island. The atmosphere is very Carribean. The food is outstanding! The menu offers some traditional items, but also offers island food and drinks. The wait staff and bartenders are very knowledgeable and friendly - kudos to Marcus and Rick! We also like going to the enclosed patio with a fire pit and listening to live music. Every time I'm heading off for a vacation, I go to Bahama Breeze to really get into the island spirit. This restaurant is well worth going to!!!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This Caribbean restaurant has beautiful decor with many different sections. My husband and I enjoyed sitting in the enclosed patio with the huge fire pit going since it was winter outside. The bar area seemed like it would be fun also though, there was a live band singing in that section. There are also very quiet and intimate sections to sit also. The food was absolutely wonderful. Our server, tho very busy, was very attentive and kind. We will be going back whenever we visit the area!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I try to frequent local establishments when we are out of town but decided to eat dinner at Bahama Breeze anyway.

We loved the decor of the place. There appeared to be different sections of the restaurant and each had their own Caribbean flare. We liked the patio area (I guess that is what you would call it). It was enclosed with windows since it was still very cold out and there was a gas fire pit that provided some warmth. During the warm months the windows can be opened for dinning outside. While we were there, there was a man singing and playing the guitar. He was quite good and had a nice selection of songs.

The food was wonderful. I had the jerk chicken pasta and it was excellent. The pasta was cooked nicely and the jerk chicken was flavorful although not as good as what I had in Jamaica.

My husband had the pasta with shrimp and his entree was also very flavorful.

We started our dinner with the coconut shrimp. We both enjoyed the appetizer. Instead of being served with a sweet dipping sauce the sauce was a little more spicey. We both liked the spicey flavor of the sauce together with the sweetness of the coconut shrimp.

This is one chain restaurant I wish we had in our area.