“Hot about Wildfire!”
Review of Wildfire

Wildfire
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 339 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meacham Road
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the quintessential 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.
Reviewed April 30, 2007

Where shall I begin?? This was an absolutely spectacular dining experience. We were a party of five and without even requesting it, they placed us in their private "leopard" dining room. It had a large wooden table and deluxe chairs, plus it was a perfect setting in that most of the restaurant noise was kept to a minimum, even with the door open. The food was perfect - not a single complaint. The filets were tender and cooked exactly as ordered. The three filets with different "crusts" like parmesean, mushroom, etc. were a great choice. The drinks were expertly prepared. They have nice flights of not only wines, but cocktails as well. The desserts were fabulous and large, so one order was easily split by two people Service was outstanding - the waiter was extremely professional, prompt and never obtrusive. I would highly recommend this restaurant and hope to visit again someday.

1  Thank TwoTravelersToG... A

Reviewed August 21, 2006

I was in the Schaumburg area to attend the 2006 PGA championship at Medinah. After watching Tiger accept the Wannamaker Trophy, I hurried out of the course to have dinner at the Chicago Prime Steakhouse. Lo and behold, they were closed and on a Sunday no less. Just by accident, I saw the Wildfile restaurant and decided to try it without knowing anything about it. I was so tired and hungry at that point and did not have the energy to drive around and look for restaurants.

Was I pleasantly surpised. First of all, the place was packed and I did NOT have reservations but the people at the reception set me up at the bar. The 2 female bartenders were so attentive and catered to my every need, even though it was very busy and drink orders were coming in fast and furiousI had the bone-in Filet with a side of sweet potatoes and broccoli and it was fantastic. The Wildfile Cabernet was excellent as well.

This is an excellent restaurant in terms of both the food and the service. Enough said!

3  Thank CornelioB
A TripAdvisor Member
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed March 17, 2006

We visited Wildfire while on a business trip. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and the staff is wonderful. We started off with cocktails. I'm a huge fan of their Cosmopolitans. The appetizer was crab cakes. I normally don't do seafood but they were great. For dinner, filet mignon with bleu cheese broiled on the top. It literally melted in my mouth. It's been 2 years but I still dream about this meal. It was worth every penny. Trying to find an excuse to take my husband to Schaumburg just for the meal.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 11, 2005

I work in Schaumburg and have visited Wildfire several times. Every time I'm there the food is fabulous and the service is impeccable. It is definitely one of my favorites and ranks up there with N9ne and Gene and Georgetti's. Things you must try: the creamed spinach for a side, Filet mignon treo and a Chicago Blue Martini to wash it all down!

3  Thank Dragond76
A TripAdvisor Member
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 22, 2005

Last week a group of eight of us went to Wildfire. We are all employees of American Family Insurance. The eight of us were from different states in our operating area. It was the consensus of the group that this place is a definite winner! The atmosphere is super. The decor takes you back to the laid back days of the 40's and 50's. The service was excellent particularly in view of the fact that the place was hopping....not an empty table to be had. Drinks were good and kept coming. However, the showpiece of this place is most certainly the superb food selections. My horseradish crusted filet mignon melted like soft butter in my mouth. I ordered the filet slightly more then rare. The cook prepared it right on point, it was not over-cooked. Finally, our group shared about four different desserts. I have had key lime pie at many places but the key lime at Wildfire is simply the best. The smooth tartness and creaminess of the filling was a slice of heaven, nothing less! I am dying to go back soon despite the fact that I live in Milwaukee. Keep up the great work Wildfire!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member