“Average Visit”
Review of Wildfire

Wildfire
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 323 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meacham Road
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the quintessential 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.
Chicago
“Average Visit”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have dined at this location before. This visit was not a good experience. The nightly specials were not ready when we arrived even through the hostess told us they would be when we made the reservations.

The waiter was somewhat unproffsesional, interrupting me before I could finish my complaint. The filet on the bone steak arrived rare even though I ordered it well done.

The darn shame is that this chain is normally terrific. I was at the downtown location the previous week and everything was great.

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Christmas Eve disapointment”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I were going to eat at Wildfire on Christmas Eve. I made reservations for 5:45 PM and we arrived about five minutes early. The waiting area was packed and the receptionist told my wife that we had a 15 to 30 minute wait. After 30 minutes my wife went back up to talk the receptionist and she was told it would probably be another 30 minutes. We decided to leave.

I do not know if Wildfire over booked or people were staying longer than expected but we will not return to Wildfire on Christmas Eve in the future.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Spendy but worth it”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Melt in your mouth steak with great flavor. I had the steak and blue cheese salad. It was one of the best salads I have ever had. I will be back again to try out the bison steak. My friend said it was excellent.

Galena, Illinois
“Three strikes you are out!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have visited this resturant three times over the past three years in a party of 8. Each time the service has gotten worse and worse. We arrived for our 2PM on Dec 14th reservation and were seated promptly. The Hispanic waiter could not understand our drink order, or that we wanted to place our order. We placed our order and 1 hour and 45 minutes later after asking about our food, it was brought out to us cold. The medium rare primerib was a dried out medium well peice. We had a theater to get to so we gobbled our food and did not have time to have some celebratory dessert for our occassion. Our theory with this resturant is they add an 18% gratuity for a party this size and so they don't care about the service nor the waitstaff. This particular waiter deserved only a penny tip so he would have known we did not forget the tip.

• Visited December 2013
“1940's style restaurant with Great Tasting Food.”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Highly recommended to us for great steaks.
First time there Dec.7,2013.

Nice & Cozy booths and very nice servers.
Open style kitchen for you to see the firewood grill etc..
It's not a quite place, due to this 1940's open kitchen style. So, if you have a lot of people to go with and you want to be a bit loud, its perfect for you.
Us two liked it cuz you can talk and your conversation doesn't carryout for others to hear.
The bread roll is very good.
The bison meatball appetizer is so damn good, the sauce is excellent.
The lamb and steaks are so good.
I choose for an additional cost of $2.95..the BBQ sweet baked potato. Oh my , I was was less, it is so good. It came with butter,sour cream, brown sugar.
we had no room for desert, to stuffed.
For the weekend, MAKE A RESERVATION.Ours was at 5:30pm, perfect time on this day. Plus the parking lot gets packed after 6:30 pm.
I had a good time,I WOULD GO AGAIN:)

• Visited December 2013