“Great Deep Dish Pizza, Great Atmosphere, Great Value!”

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 327 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Orange County, California
“Great Deep Dish Pizza, Great Atmosphere, Great Value!”
Reviewed February 4, 2010

I was in the Schaumburg area and met a friend for dinner. He asked me what I wanted and I said Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. We went to his family's favorite, Lou Malnati's. We were seated right away and placed an order for sodas, calamari, and The Lou Pizza. The Lou has spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and a few different kinds of cheese. We were told the pizza would take approximately 35 minutes. The drinks came out quickly and the calamari shortly thereafter. The pizza arrived as scheduled. The crust was buttery and crispy right on the edge of the pan. The cheese was gooey. All in all a great pizza. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone in the Schaumburg area.

2 Thank ElGringoViajero

• Greek first
Missouri
“Good for what it is...”
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I'm typically not a fan of deep dish pizza. However, I was willing to assume that I'd never had the "real stuff." So we ate at Lou Malnati's with a (relatively) open mind. When you order, they'll give you some horrible estimate like 35 minutes. Ours only took 20 minutes (we were there for a pretty early dinner and it wasn't crowded). The garlic bread was cheap and unexpectedly tasty. The pizza was exactly what I expected: doughy crust, loads of cheese, and a very tomatoey (i.e. not a lot of other overpowering seasonings) tasting sauce. It was tasty, but it didn't really convert me to deep dish fandom.

1 Thank jdw397s
Annapolis, MD
“Great Deep Dish Pizza”
Reviewed September 4, 2009

The deep dish pizza was indeed very good. Two of us with big appetites split a medium sausage pizza. The sauce was lively and tasty, and there were thick slices of italian sausage in every bite. The crust was the weakest link of the whole pizza; it was a little too chewy when hot, and became harder as the pizza cooled. We had the standard crust, but for 75 cents more you can get the Buttercrust - I might try that on a future trip.

The restaurant is in an old house. Parking is available in back of the restaurant; don't be deterred by the number of cars as there really is more seating inside of the restaurant than first appears. It's a little noisy and crowded.

I don't know why the reviews on this restaurant are so mixed. I was there on a Tuesday night, and the place was full of locals. And every table had at least one deep dish pizza! Surely there are other places in the NW suburbs to get pizza, but a lot of patrons choose this place.

1 Thank chowowner
Schaumburg, IL
“The Worst Pizza in Chicagoland”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I can't imagine how Lou Malnati's has survived. The restaurant has a beautiful location in Schaumburg, but the pizza is downright horrible. I wouldn't eat the stuff for free.

Wisconsin
“Did Not Meet Expectations”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We went this past Saturday to try the deep dish pizza. The restaurant is in converted home--old and dirty. The waitress was so busy waiting on others, she didn't have much time for us. We met two bus boys, though, who waited on us. Deep dish pizza was mediocre and took over 35 minutes to make. Our waitress didn't notify us of this until we waited for her for 15 minutes after she first waited on us. The Lou Malnati special salad was not good, and very sweet. We returned it.

Don't waste your money or time on this place.