“Chicken fingers...Amazing dipping sauce”
Review of Pilot Pete's

Pilot Pete's
Ranked #11 of 324 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Chicken fingers...Amazing dipping sauce”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

That pretty much sums it up. I always get either the chicken fingers with that crazy good dipping sauce or the absolutely best pot roast ever. Comes with soup or salad, so there's always too much to eat, and take most of it home to reheat next day, still delicious then too. If you do have room for dessert, get the fried cheese cake, yes, you heard me right, deep fried cheese cake...omg!

2 Thank startedthepuzzle

“Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was visiting from out of town to visit Legoland and needed to find a place to eat. I told my nine year old daughter we were going skydiving. The atmosphere lended itself for my prank to be believable with plane seats for those waiting to sit in. The manager even played along. The air traffic viewing was spectacular. I highly recommend this for anyone, kids included. I hope Legoland is not a disappointment after the fun we had at Pilot Petes

2 Thank Lexi B
Milwaukee, WI
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

A friend and I had lunch here between shopping stops. It's a little off the beaten path for us but really not far at all from where we wanted to be. The location in the regional airport is a lot of fun and so was the decor. It was lunchtime on Saturday and the restaurant was lively but not crowded or especially noisy. I had the onion soup--great on a cold day--and an excellent sandwich and my friend had the huge pickle burger and sweet potato fries. The food was excellent, the server was great and we will find our way back here. My only complaint is that the restroom could use a bit of TLC--replacement door hooks, fix the automatic towel machine.

3 Thank CoolerNearTheLake
Fox Lake, Illinois
“We loved it!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We met some family here for dinner and none of us had eaten here before. We picked it based on a recommendation from a co-worker.

The atmosphere is fun and inviting with a lot of cool stuff to look at. A window seat by the runway is preferable, especially if your dining with kids....having said that, it's not the quietest of restaurants that I've ever been to, so a quiet dinner with conversation can be a tad difficult here. Certainly not a negative for us, since there are plenty of other places that we could go to for dinner and conversion. This place is fun and exciting for the little kids and big kids!

The beer selection is above average. Quite a few microbrew Pale Ales and IPA's to be found. The food, I thought, was excellent. The rest of the family were also very pleased with everything that was ordered. Our waiter was friendly, quick, attentive and got all our orders correct. The food came out pretty fast with all the correct sides and piping hot.

To add to the excitement of the night, we got to see Channel 7's
traffic helicopter land and takeoff about 3 or 4 times. The kids loved it!

We'll definitely find our way here again in the spring when the small plane traffic should be more active. We had a great time and we loved it!

2 Thank bass-fan
Bloomington, Illinois
“Excellent food, noisy environment”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The food was excellent, we had the pot roast and the tex mex chicken. Not a good restaurant if you actually want to talk to anyone at your table without yelling. The high (metal?) ceilings seem to magnify the noise level making discussion nearly impossible. Interesting things to look at all around you. The televisions everywhere were bordering on sensory overload, but the food made it worthwhile as an occasional treat.

• Visited February 2014