“Pilot Pete's is a joy!”

Ranked #10 of 333 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I love places with character, and this one has loads of it. We took the grandkids for Sunday dinner, and they were absolutely blown away. The aviation décor was great enough, but a functioning airport where you can see EVERYTHING made it better than a theme park. The kids' menu is a super-bargain in both quality and quantity. But I don't pick places just for their appeal to kids - I can see stopping by Pete's in a small plane (or small sports car) just for the food. The health conscious in our group raved over the tilapia, and the shepherd's pie (made with pot roast) is the best I've ever had. It is simple food, but delicious and plentiful. The restaurant was busy, but the service was very good. I can't wait to go back!

3  Thank Kathryn E
There are newer reviews for Pilot Pete's

Reviewed January 17, 2014

came here for a birthday party in the balloon room. We had wings, potato skins, chicken. Everything was very good. We had two servers for a party of 40 people. They were on their toes and we had great service. I can't wait to go back! It was nice to see the airplanes take off and be right next to the runway!

3  Thank Terdav0208
Reviewed December 12, 2013

1st visit i had the ribs . They were delivered warm at best. Fries were hot. No one came by to ask how the dinner was until they were going to drop off the bill. I told them the ribs were cold and tasted like vinegar. The manager was apologetic and gave me a free desert. 2nd visit I ordered their 'award winning' burger. A McDonald's big mac would taste better. This meat was spongy and difficult to chew. Again, the waitress did not stop by to ask how the meal was.

2  Thank mcarl
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had drinks and appetizers here with a few friends. Pilot Pete's is located at the airport hanger at the Schaumburg Airport and you can see planes coming and going since the restaurant is right next to the run way. It is a nice facility and has huge glass winnows to see the hanger. You can watch planes land and takeoff while you eat. Pilot Pete's is loaded with kid friendly stuff from the minute you walk in. They have a decent bar. Their menu has a big variety to choose from. The service was a bit slow in bring our check.

4  Thank WorldTravelers34
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having gone to several airport restaurants (yes, I'm that lucky) I must say that Pilot Pete's is my favorite. The food, although not unusual, is delicious. The servers are friendly and attentive. The decor is festive. But best of all, there is a huge wall of windows where you can watch planes take off and land during your meal. Be aware that there can be quite a line on weekends.

4  Thank Delane D