“Not worth the wait.”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #44 of 319 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mesa, Arizona
“Not worth the wait.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We went with a friend to Longhorn in Schaumburg, this was a 2nd try at a Longhorn the results were the same. We waited nearly an hour to get a table and this was at 7:30PM on a Saturday so we sat down by 8:30PM. Not enough seating in the lobby and the people were smelly from cigarette smoke permeating from their clothes and skin. Schaumburg is a very diverse city and it was hard to talk with one group speaking Spanish and another speaking Russian, then an oriental family came in and of course spoke in their native tongue. One thing I wish is that people that come here to experience the "better life" that they speak our language when out in public. But with this I digress so back to topic. As I stated it was 8:30PM when seated, the waitress was not prompt in getting to us to even get a drink order. When she finally came to our table, she was very cold, not pleasantry and it took forever to actually get the drinks. She was more attentive to another table that had a bratty kid that looked to be about 4 years old that cried like a baby of 1 for every little thing. The waitress spoke to that family in length several time during our stay and I might add in Spanish. Our food came not as ordered we had Prime Rib and we all ordered it medium but came rare. We weren't about to send it back for fear that it would take another 1/2 hour before it was returned to us. We finally paid our bill and left at 10:10PM (2hrs and 40 Minutes after arriving). The whole experience from long wait to miserable people in a crowded waiting area to kids throughout the restaurant running around, screaming & crying to the poor service to the badly prepared food. We will never patronize this chain's restaurants again. Why do parents continually go out and ignore their kids while they disturb other patron and they continue on with their enjoyment of the evening and why do restaurants allow such poor parenting to ruin the experience for other patrons Add to this kids of such younger years don't belong out in public past their bedtime. he restaurant is just as much fault as the parents.

• Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I got the steak w/ a sweet potato salad. The steak was cooked perfect and the salad was great. Also got raspberry dough ball as a dessert for only $20. Good Deal.

Visited October 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“LongHorn Steakhouse, Schaumburg, Il”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I were on the way to the WoodField Mall in Schaumburg, Illinois and decided to stop at LongHorn Steakhouse which is on the perimeter of the mall. Since it was about 2:00 pm in the afternoon the restaurant most mostly empty. My wife ordered a chicken salad and I ordered a braised beef sandwich. While the server took our order very rapidly, our soft drinks took over ten minutes to arrive. It took another 20 minutes (for a total of 30 minutes) for our simple order to come. It should not have taken 30 minutes for a simple salad and a braised beef sandwich to arrive, especially in an empty restaurant. The salad was fine, but the beef sandwich was very dry and all most inedible. We will not return here.

• Visited September 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great steaks, fast service, my whole party was delighted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was a business dinner, my colleagues and I are dragged into steak houses all the time by vendors. But last Saturday we were free and rather than go to some place "special" like Morton's we simply crossed the street from the hotel to Longhorn.

We loved it. All of us agreed our steaks were excellent, as were starters, drinks, and dessert. This is fine dining at reasonable prices. We loved it!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Keith S
Memphis
“Good meal but a little to spicy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

While in the Chicago area on business I visited Longhorn Steakhouse in Schaumburg, IL, next to Woodfield Mall. The service and atmosphere was great and the food was tasty. I had the Flo's Filet and Lobster Tail. The filet was cooked just right, and all in all good, but a bit too spicy for my taste. The lobster was so, so. I had the Cesar salad and loaded baked potato both of which were good, and the bread was good as well. A good dining experience overall.

• Visited August 2013