“Good service, BAD food.”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #55 of 323 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Good service, BAD food.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I have visited this location twice before since its opened, both at night. Today we went for lunch and I ordered a strawberry and pecan salad with my meal. My salad had no pecans. Frankly, I love the salad so much it was fine without them. However, I ordered the shrimp skewers and they were not fully cooked. When I sent them back, (quite grossed out--never attempt to eat uncooked shrimp!!!) I honestly didn't notice it at first because of the glaze. I fully expected to get another plate with overcooked shrimp. Fifteen minutes later, I am brought a plate....again, with shrimp not completely cooked. The manager seemed flabbergasted and apologetic but....shrimp are pretty easy to tell when they're cooked...and when they're overcooked. Apparently the day cooks do not know this difference, or are not sufficiently cleaning their grill, or have issues with consistent heating on it. Regardless, I won't be back!!!!

• Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Carpentersville, Illinois
“New Favorite Resturant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great food and great price! My husband and I have gone twice and both experiences were excellent! We got the porterhouse steak for 2. They make their own steak sause that is amazing. We will be returning! It does get busy but you can call to let them know that you are on your way and they will add you to the list. They wont take reservations though. We called on our way and waiting for about 10mins.

1 Thank Dawn G
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great steaks, great chicken, great lemonade. I recommend the bone-in ribeye, it's pricey, but absolutely worth every red cent.

Chicago
1,314 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,188 helpful votes
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here. We were both very impressed. For starters we had the Firecracker Wrap, which was very good. My wife ordered the 7 Pepper Sirloin Salad/Soup combo that was excellent. I ordered the Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich/Caesar Salad combo that was also excellent. Our server, Brittany V. was very nice and efficient.