“Dinner and a movie”
Review of Wickets Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Wickets Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Wickets Bar & Grill, a sports bar and restaurant with an urban vibe, is located at The Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg, IL. Wickets offers an innovative and well rounded menu of small plates, grilled skewers, brick oven baked flatbreads, delicious burgers, sandwiches, salads and daily specials, along with craft beers and a full service bar. You can watch your favorite games on our state of the art flat screen TV’s.
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Dinner and a movie”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

You can find some good eats here. The chili is good and the flatbread pizza is good as well, but different. The lobster mac and cheese was good the first time I had it, but now it seems like imitation lobster... if it's real, it's definitely not good meaty tail.

Pretty good selection of craft beer. Could use a better selection of local Chicago brews.

Good place to stop in, before or after a movie, which is right next door. Reasonable pricing and the service has always been pretty good.

• Visited January 2014

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Amazing Bartender!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My friend & I were visiting from out of town and stopped in for drinks only. The place was pleasantly busy for Happy Hour. There were a few of us at the bar and one gentleman bartending. I must say he totally impressed us!! He was the only one tending bar and was right on his game. Amongst helping other customers and pouring drinks for the servers for tables in the bar area, he never hesitated to notice if we were low on our beverages or we were ready to check out. Come to find out he is also a manager...and that promotion was definitely well deserved!

I would venture back if I'm ever in the area!

• Visited April 2014
Dallas, Texas
“I loved Wickets”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I stopped in after we left the movies(they are right next door). We wanted to watch the NBA All-Star game activities and the Olympics. I have been to Schaumburg many times and I had never been here. We really liked it. The food was priced reasonably and it was very good. This is a great place for date night. We will definitely visit again when we are in Schaumburg.

Visited February 2014
Orange County, California
“NOT good for "bar scene"”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My fiance and I wanted to grab a cocktail before heading home after dinner elsewhere on a Saturday night. Wickets was close to the restaurant we left, and we'd never been to Wickets before. When we walked in, we were greeted by a young man at the host podium.
He asked us, "Two?"
I let him know we were just going to the bar. He looked over at the bar and turned back to me.
"Actually...the bar is full..." he offered.
"We're not here for food, just drinks..." I explained.
He still looked puzzled.
IT'S A BAR, RIGHT?! On a Saturday night, no less. I'm not aware of any rule/law where you can't order a drink at a bar unless you're seated at it.
We just smiled and nodded while walking past him, to the bar.
The two male bartenders were unfriendly, unexcited and neither one made eye contact, or acknowledged us with a response when we switched our decision to keep an open tab to just cash out. We really just wanted to drink and leave ASAP.
I'm not sure if we'll give Wickets another try, as it was just too weird from start to finish.

• Visited January 2014
Schaumburg, Illinois
“New Years dinner and a movie”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have a tradition of doing movies all day until midnight so we like to find a good restaurant close to the movies so we can make the most out of our day. Wickets was chosen because the weather was ridiculously cold and snowy and we were very pleasantly surprised with the great tasting food. Our party ordered Lobster MacnCheese, onion flatbread and a delicious salad. Yummy! Reasonable pricing, quick and friendly service. We will revisit. Yummy

• Visited December 2013