“Not a Great Steakhouse”

Vidalia Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Higgins Road and Mall Drive
Transit: There are multiple bus stops in the area. VIDALIA is located just south of Woodfield Mall, down the street from Lord and Taylor.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Not a Great Steakhouse”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I visited this place for a great meal and was disappointed to say the least. I noticed they had a veal chop as a special and ordered it with a salad. Marginal is an overstatement. The chop was obviously not of good quality and was tough, tasteless and covered with some kind of miserable sauce to hide the poor quality. Salad was the same style as everything else. Needless to say I will not be returning for a meal there again and obviously many more follow that

• Visited May 2013

West Michigan
“Only okay and still quite expensive.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We wanted a good steak while on a weekend get-a-way and not willing to pay $50 a steak we opted to try Vidalia Steakhouse given the pretty good reviews here on TA. I must say that the steak was excellent, but beyond that I have nothing more to credit it with. The price with tip for our family of 4 was still $85 which included two kids meals. Next time I think we'll stick with Outback - still expensive but at least their atmosphere, salads, dressings and bread are special compared to home - Vidalia's were not.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BlondeValor
Elgin
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place by accident and am I glad. Excellent food, wonderful service and entertainment on Saturday evening. Reasonably priced for all the food you receive. I can't wait to return.

1 Thank jhd1966
Stoughton, Wisconsin
“Vidalia's-Great Food”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very friendly staff. Live music that was nice. Great food. Not a chain, which we liked. Close to hotels and shopping.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Marty Z
Chicago, Illinois
“Good prime rib, but something is missing at Vidalia”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a new restaurant in Schaumburg, prices similar to Morton's / Chicago Prime but the atmosphere is more like Outback. Vidalia doesn't have that 'steakhouse' smell rather it smelled faintly of cleaning products. The prime rib was great but my steak was below average. I ordered it medium and had to send it back 3 times because it was cold red center, not dark pink center. By the time they got it right, my steak had been cut into so many times it looked like I ordered beef medallions.

The atmosphere is just off. Maybe its me, but if I am going to pay $38 for a steak, I expect a nicer atmosphere. There were no table linens, the glassware, dishes and cutlery were Outback quality. The service was attentive, but not as experienced as I they should be for the prices they are charging. The waitstaff is well suited for Outback.

We won't be back, for the price, I much prefer Chicago Prime.

• Visited October 2012