“schaumberg”

Comfort Suites Schaumburg
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Michigan
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed one night. The room was fairly big, not too small and mostly clean. I noticed on the wall in the bathroom, behind the door, that it could use a washing, room 227. But, other than that, it was really clean. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was nice. The indoor pool was a bit cool, but the hot tub was nice. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, yogurt, bagels and fruit. The staff was friendly and helpful. Will stay again.

Room Tip: I wouldn't want a room directly above the entry way. There are rooms on the second and third flo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Anaheim, California
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel is very nice and clean. Room are typical of Comfort Suites, and as expected was clean and tidy. There is a restaurant (sports pub) literally 50 yards from the front of the hotel, and there is a walking path off the side of the hotel as well.

Parking can be a bit of an issue, as I have noticed that when there are large televised sports shows, the hotel parking lot fills with cars from the sports pub as well! Also the hotel is only accessible from the West bound lane, directly. The other directions require a bit of "side street" access, and the road is so small, that it becomes a 3/4 lane when there are numerous busses parked on the streets.

All in all, I would stay here again when I am in town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. The bed was amazing. Very quiet, never heard any other guests. Staff was friendly. Would definitely stay here again. We had a king size bed. Housekeeping was spot on. Area was nice! And not too far from chicago.

• Stayed August 2012
Traverse City, MI
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed one night while going to the medieval times recently. we couldnt't get checked in before because the rooms were not ready before 3 so we checked in after the dinner theatre so I guess we missed the manager's drink special since we didn't hear anything about it. the room was comfortable and clean. The pool was nice. We were awakened at night by the fire alarm. Apparently some malfunction with pool equipment causing smoke but there was a lot confusion whether people should get out or not. Not many people did with most people hovering in their doorways wondering what to do. We went outside when the firemen came to investigate the situation. Once it was handled the fire alarm went off about 3 more times at least after we went back to bed. It was a little worrisome whether it was safe again at that point.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Again on a tour of the USA, I pre-booked three nights here as it was close to Chicago, but not too close so that you're intimidated by immense amounts of heavy traffic.

When I arrived I was so pleased to have been allocated a quiet room (after requesting one at check-in). I unpacked and headed across the road for an evening meal to the Tilted Kilt - thats another story in itself!

On my return after driving almost 350 miles it was an early night for me...or so I thought. I was in bed by about 2100, but the noise from the road outside (E Higgins Road) and the rooms inside the hotel (slamming doors) was pretty loud - loud enough that I couldn't sleep without ear plugs; however, even with ear plugs in it was difficult to sleep as the headboard vibrated when a door was closed, let alone slammed.

In all fairness the next two nights were very much the same, but I suppose I wasn't the only person experiencing the noise and/or vibrations, so it didn't put me off returning here again in the future.

The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous at all times and helped find things for me when I was unable to do so myself.

A little more information:

• the hotel is well situated for the train into downtown Chicago - for just $10.50 you can get a return ticket which I thought was amazing value for money (get on at Medinah station)
• the hotel was very spacious and clean - rooms as well as communal areas
• car parking was ample

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Adam S
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there on a trip to visit family, and it was very nice. The continental breakfast was very good. As was the manager's social, where adult guests over 21 are given two complimentary drinks by the manager. I thought this was a nice touch. The pool was rather small, but neither was the hotel itself. I really enjoyed the patio behind the hotel also.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family