“Was wonderful”

Comfort Suites Schaumburg
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
“Was wonderful”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. The bed was amazing. Very quiet, never heard any other guests. Staff was friendly. Would definitely stay here again. We had a king size bed. Housekeeping was spot on. Area was nice! And not too far from chicago.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Traverse City, MI
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed one night while going to the medieval times recently. we couldnt't get checked in before because the rooms were not ready before 3 so we checked in after the dinner theatre so I guess we missed the manager's drink special since we didn't hear anything about it. the room was comfortable and clean. The pool was nice. We were awakened at night by the fire alarm. Apparently some malfunction with pool equipment causing smoke but there was a lot confusion whether people should get out or not. Not many people did with most people hovering in their doorways wondering what to do. We went outside when the firemen came to investigate the situation. Once it was handled the fire alarm went off about 3 more times at least after we went back to bed. It was a little worrisome whether it was safe again at that point.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Again on a tour of the USA, I pre-booked three nights here as it was close to Chicago, but not too close so that you're intimidated by immense amounts of heavy traffic.

When I arrived I was so pleased to have been allocated a quiet room (after requesting one at check-in). I unpacked and headed across the road for an evening meal to the Tilted Kilt - thats another story in itself!

On my return after driving almost 350 miles it was an early night for me...or so I thought. I was in bed by about 2100, but the noise from the road outside (E Higgins Road) and the rooms inside the hotel (slamming doors) was pretty loud - loud enough that I couldn't sleep without ear plugs; however, even with ear plugs in it was difficult to sleep as the headboard vibrated when a door was closed, let alone slammed.

In all fairness the next two nights were very much the same, but I suppose I wasn't the only person experiencing the noise and/or vibrations, so it didn't put me off returning here again in the future.

The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous at all times and helped find things for me when I was unable to do so myself.

A little more information:

• the hotel is well situated for the train into downtown Chicago - for just $10.50 you can get a return ticket which I thought was amazing value for money (get on at Medinah station)
• the hotel was very spacious and clean - rooms as well as communal areas
• car parking was ample

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Adam S
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there on a trip to visit family, and it was very nice. The continental breakfast was very good. As was the manager's social, where adult guests over 21 are given two complimentary drinks by the manager. I thought this was a nice touch. The pool was rather small, but neither was the hotel itself. I really enjoyed the patio behind the hotel also.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have been here 5-6 times now and the experience is always consistent. Check in is fine. Rooms are nice and looks like the carpet in the rooms has been replaced. Beds are comfortable. Nice having a fridge and microwave. Location is great... very close to MANY MANY restaurants, etc. Woodfield Mall is right down street.

Room Tip: I might request a room on the back side of the hotel as the front parking lot can be loud.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mndavet
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel from a business traveler's perspective. I am on the road a lot and just need a place to lay my head and where things work as they should. I was pleasantly surprised with this location and have already made arrangements to stay there again on a return trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lawton, Michigan
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great hotel for the price! We traveled with other families and kids. All families were very impressed with the hotel. They said "these were VERY comfortable beds." The hot breakfast was also a crowd pleaser. Literally!! Happy hour could have had a few more options, but still enjoyed the free adult drinks. Overall, it's a very nice hotel. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family