“Great Place to Stay!”

Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Recently I stayed at the Wingate with my mother and daughter. The facility is warm and welcoming, including the reception staff. I had booked my reservation through an outside source & had a problem with the info; the staff offered us the convenience to wait inside the lobby with beverages while he resolved the entire matter. The room was clean, up-to-date, and quiet. Breakfast was very nice. Convenient location right off the freeway.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Pillowtosser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Courteous and professional staff treated us as family members with sincerely cheerful greetings and assistance. The rooms were clean, spacious and tastefully decorated and the fresh continental breakfast and well equipped exercise room and hot tub got us off to a great start to the next day. We were close to our family event in Palantine so quick and easy access to my brother's home and the freeway made the driving easy.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pete051
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2010

We were unfortunate enough to spend two less than wonderful nights in this incredibly overrated hotel.
We read all reviews and thought this place must be a gem.
Well it is not. In fact words that start with the letter "D" come to mind.... such as dive, dump, disappointing .... I'm sure you get the picture.
Specifically, we had a king room, TV was old style, less than basic cable( no CBS even), walls were less than paper thin we heard entire conversations from people in rooms next to us, had to turn up TV so we did not over hear personal conversations. Actually could hear someone passing gas in the next room, just awful. Wireless internet was sporadic. Service was slow at best and continually kept disconnecting. Bathroom was very small, no exhaust fan in washroom left bathroom dripping wet for quite some time, toilet seat also kept slipping over to one side.... a ride I would rather not take. We also had a malfunction with our in room smoke detector, it continually made a buzzing sound as if it was short circuiting ! Now as I sit here in our king room I need to turn up TV again due to the fact folks next door are speaking in normal tones and I can hear every word as clear as can be. This place is also a lot older than we were lead to believe, not a spring chicken !!
This will without a doubt be our last ever experience at a Wingate by Wyndham.
Should use this place as a state prison, no one would ever re-offend!!!!
Nobody would want to live through the terror of coming back here !!!

As a bit of a note.
We are very experienced travelers, in fact this is our 27th straight day on the road staying in hotels. We do have vast knowledge of what we speak of. Of the 15 different rooms we have stayed in during this journey, this place is the most disappointing.
Should have stayed somewhere else, hope you do !!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheBlondeFoodie
Washington, Indiana
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Beautiful property... great location... clean and friendly

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank chatton527
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I stay at this hotel every year for a convention this time I needed a good place to rest after another trip. It begun raining hard so I decided to stop for the night. During my search I remembered the quality of the beds, service and immediately thought of Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg.

I spent the night and will definitely do it again later in the year. Great breakfast, excellent customer service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Ester999
northeast tip of mn
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I expected a clean, quiet room for a reasonable rate. Made a 3 day reservation with a discounted rate offered for 3rd night. Check in was smooth, lobby is clean, as is location in general. Upon entering room, our son discovered the plate of macaroni left behind by the last occupants in the min-fridge. This is not a disaster, but makes you wonder what else is lurking.

Left shortly after that to head out, and advised desk on the way. The attendant apologized and we made no issue of it.

That night, discovered that the pillows are not at all comfortable and not in keeping with the improvement in most lodgings lately where attention has been given to bed and pillows. The bed was likewise not comfortable. Not terrible, but you could do better with any of the others in the price range of what the Wingate offers on-line.

The room walls and floors are thin and the sounds of your new friends next to and above you are always apparent. On the last night, a group checked in and performed the standard "we're in a motel and we want to make loud noises" routine, waking up our son. After a number of slamming doors, raised voices in the room and hall, I called the desk to complain. I think the desk clerk might have been related to them since his reply was "they just checked in . . . " and, "it isn't as though it is 1:00 am or something". My reply ended with "well, you are the owner and I am the guest and I guess I lose." He said that if they were not quiet, he would have them move to another room.

He called back after a while asking if they were quiet and saying when he went up to check it was quiet, which it likely was as they did either quiet down or leave. He offered that if they were loud again, we could move to another room on a different floor. Since my son was now asleep and it was quiet, the issue died. While this is a solution, the thinking could have been that the noisy folks should be moved vs us, I think. Oh well, not the end of the world, just not typical.

My comment is that the response to my expectations for "clean" does not include leftover food, "quiet" excludes thin walls, and "comfortable" doesn't allow poor quality bed and pillows. I suspect the clerk had their challenges too when a guest complains, and he did offer to move us, but I would not return to this place.

Did I mention that the breakfast is not on par with a McD's? Free is free, but the eggs and sausage, etc. need to be at the level of every other lodging choice in this range, but they are not. The people working in the dining area are delightful and the area is spotless, they are stuck with serving what they are given.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We got in just ahead of a winter storm and found the rooms to clean and spaceous and the beds and bedding were very comfortable. The hot breakfast was subpar. The pre-packaged eggs and sausage tasted alike and the texture was unpleasent at best; the waffle mix was not much better either. The exercise room was small, but adequate and there is only an indoor whirlpool. The staff was very friendly and they even offered to clean the 8 inches of snow that fell overnight off of our car. Overall this was a nice stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple