“Great place for family to come together!”

Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Mahomet, IL
“Great place for family to come together!”
Reviewed October 10, 2009

14 family members including 6 from Panama met in Schaumburg for a week in mid-September. We choose this hotel for its proximity to Woodfield Mall and its continental breakfast. The location worked out perfectly with easy access to shopping and to the Interstates when we wanted to venture into the City. Heck, we could have almost walked to Medieval Times! The breakfast worked out perfectly for the family as people could come and go as they woke up. But many times we would just pull the tables together and plan the day's activities.
The front desk was helpful with info about tourist sites to visit and the business center had a couple of computers and printers hooked up to the internet.
The beds were extremely well padded (pillow-top I think) with tons of extra pillows and a fluffy comforter.
The only concern we had with the hotel was how the sound carried from one floor to the next. The walls and doors were thick enough so that we didn't hear people coming and going, but it was very noticeable when the people in the room above us walked across the floor.
Otherwise, we were very comfortable in the hotel for our week-long stay and happy with the service. We would stay there again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank barbiboo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I had my wedding at the nearby golf course. Wingate shuttled everyone to and from the wedding. They were very easy to work with especially since we were a large group. Everyone was friendly and nice. The hotel was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was awesome. We had a jacuzzi room which was really romantic and extra special for our wedding night.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank Jenilyn67
South Florida
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We stayed at the Wingate for 5 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly. Accommodations and amenities were first-class. Very clean and new-looking. The staff was friendly, helpful and interested in our comfort. One of the best things was a special promotion that got us 20% off the nightly rate since we booked for at least 3 consecutive nights. Unbelievable rate for this Chicago suburb. Location is good -- plenty of retail and restaurants around.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JRPD
Antioch TN
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Very happy with our Stay!
This was our 1st time staying here & we were very pleased. The staff was VERY helpful and friendly. The hot breakfast buffet had plenty of good food (we especially liked the waffle making). And they also offered free cocktails after 5pm. Our room was clean and spacious for a king (it had a seating area with a chair & ottoman in addition to just the bed). I'd stay again.

The only negative is this hotel didn’t have a pool.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jnltfitz
Schaumburg
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I booked 10 rooms for a family reunion over a weekend in July. I live in Schaumburg, so I didn't stay there - I just paid the bill. Family traveled from NYC, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Dallas. ALL were impressed by the rooms and service at this hotel on Roselle Ave, and let me tell you - my folks are hard to please. Flat screens, large rooms, breakfast was above and beyond. Very corporate looking yet family friendly. Concierge’s desk was instrumental in getting my folks rooms quickly, and handing out my gift packages. They even pulled a nice trick for me. They asked if I wanted a guest from each room to give a credit card so that I wouldn't get any surprise charges myself. 10 families ordering movies and snacks can ruin your plans. What a great idea. How convenient to have Fox & Hounds right accross the street. Plus 10 minutes from Arlington Race Track. The weekend was a great success. Lets also add to that the fact that other hotels in the area cost more and are not worth it. I've booked business accommodations at Country Inn Suites and the Holiday Inn Express. Sorry. Wingate is my choice. But hey, I’m picky – just like my family…

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank BigCitySnob
Imperial, MO
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Room was a delight! Large desk provided great work space and there was FREE internet in each room. The evening happy hour and morning breakfast were more than we thought would be there for the price of the room. Personnel were friendly and helpful. This would be might hotel of choice for any business trip.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank dettybust
Rapid City
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Wingate! Clean, quiet, nice size rooms. The beds and bedding were comfortable Great breakfast. What I really liked is that the dining area was comfortable, a good size and the tables and dining area was kept clean at all times. The staff was right there to wipe up the tables as guests departed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family