“Beautiful Hotel & Great Customer Service”

Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
New Haven
“Beautiful Hotel & Great Customer Service”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

From the moment I stepped into the Wingate by Wyndham Hotel I felt like a valued guest. The hotel is beautiful and clean, the employees are accommodating and extremely helpful, and my room was wonderful. We travel to the area often, and I have stayed other places, but the Wingate by Wyndham hotel is my favorite. The hotel is close to Woodfield Mall and there are plenty of great restaurants near by, ask the front desk staff they are very informative. They have a great bar and excellent breakfast! Plenty of parking. I will be staying at the wingate everytime I travel to the area!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Room was clean. Room was also much bigger than we thought. There is no fan in bathroom but a vent in shower. Everyone from the front desk to maid service was great and we were treated as only one in hotel (it was booked full one of the nights). One of the four of us stayed said that the walls were thin, but I slept thru any noise on all nights. Breakfast is standard quality and did what it was expected - fed us.

Great area - high traffic (warning - always just use right hand turns and turn around to go left on main streets).

Only one critique - hot tub needed cleaning - appeared clean until after sitting it and then when getting out - it stirred the water and hair (in a highly gross amount) came up to the top.

TV has limited channels and geared towards sports (ok for me), but might be important to other future stays for someone. Remember: no pool.

Other than that would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Excellent stay. Came with my fiance for a wedding. The front desk clerks were very knowledgable about the surrounding area. Super clean rooms and hallways. Great little gym and nice bar with great deals. Huge parking lot. Will def come back!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mooresville, Indiana
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham again this year for the Peterson classic. Last year's experience was not very good. We like the bed and the rooms. And this year was even better. We had a friend that had booked us a room at the Hilton Garden Inn however due to rude and poor management they would not honor the voucher they gave to the bowling center General Manager. We had to scramble to find a hotel and even though our experience was not positive with Wingate last year we decided to give them a second chance. Patrick greeted us and was very polite and quick checking us in. We stayed in a double bed with a pull out couch. Our hotel room was clean, roomy, and the bed was oh so comfy. We did not have the free breakfast in the morning. Though I do remember last year that the food was very good, so I'm assuming that hasn't changed. Thank you again Wingate for saving us after the Hilton mess. A word to the wise stay at Wingate they will work a rate out with you. Hilton don't even bother with.

Room Tip: Stay in room 221 if you have 3 people staying. It has two beds and one pull out sofa.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Deerfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I just stayed here last Saturday night, and I had a good experience. I booked on a travel website, got a good deal for the king size room. The parking lot had plenty of parking, and it's free, close to the door, which is nice. The young man at front desk was SUPER nice, asked me if I was with the bowlers convention that was also staying at the hotel this weekend, I told him no, so he decided to move me to the 4th floor away from the convention crowd and noise. I didn't hear a peep all nice, super nice of him to do that! My room was huge, a couch, desk, microwave, fridge, flat screen tv, big comfy king size bed, nice pillows, many lamps, a couple chairs, clean bathroom with Pantene shampoo and neutrogena soaps....nice :) My only complaint would be that you have to walk to the second floor ice and vending machines, there were none of the 4th floor or 3rd floor......no biggie though! It was a nice stay, I would stay here again. It is close to Ikea, Woodfield Mall, and lots of great food options. Yu's Mandarian was good!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed at this property in June, and it was like many other Wyndham. It's an excellent hotel chain. The hotel did have two negatives -- no pool and what I thought was a limited selection for breakfast, in comparison to other properties within the chain (we later stayed at the property in Flint, Mich., and it offered both).

That said, the room was great, and the agent at the counter took an extra $15 off our one-night stay, even though we booked early online. That was a great surprise, because we had no complaints.

The hotel is located in a good spot, around several restaurants and with easy access to I-90. I would stay here again for sure, and the lack of a pool wasn't that big of a deal because we weren't at the hotel often.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our family stayed at this hotel the night of our daughter's wedding reception. We were referred by the banquet hall and it was the best experience! Christina helped us put together a package that included a shuttle to and from the banquet hall, a great price on spacious, comfortable rooms, as well as breakfast. Our shuttle driver, John, was prompt, helpful, and patient with our large group. The friendly efficient staff is what sets this hotel apart. We would highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family