“My stay at Extended Stay”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“My stay at Extended Stay”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

BOOKING: I booked this hotel through a 3rd party site. Got a really good deal. Think it was on special at the time. Can't beat the price I paid. When the hotel is NOT on special, it's still a decent rate for the location.

STAFF & UPKEEP The price is kept low because there is no daily maid service. Front desk was friendly enough to get the job donehe. Nothing super over top because you aren't paying for that. My room wasn't super dirty upon check-in. But it needed some work. Dust had been shoved to one side of the tabl.es...stuff like that. Tub and shower curtain weren't in the best shape. I always wipe down hotel rooms. Keep in mind the guest before you may have been using the room as a temporary home. I think staff cleans every 8 days that you stay.

EXTRAS: Not here. Just the basics. Soap, towels...Rooms come with a decent kitchen and cookware (like pots and pans). The grab and go breakfast is a nice bonus. It has some quick food to go. No bagels or anything. Granola bars and picked over fruit

NOISE: BIGGEST ISSUE. The rooms have these unattrative walls (that have been nicely painted) but the walls look like cement. You can hear the person next door breathe!! HONEST! So get real comfortable with your neighbors!!

COMFORT: Bed sucked. Took me a few days to adjust to how hard it was.

Room Tip: Flow in showers is very light
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that the room was not properly cleaned and that the bed was uncomfortable. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is double checking to make sure we have not missed any cleaning in a room each time we clean as well as looking for ways to make sure our beds are as comfortable as possible.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at csh@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting Chicago and stayed outside of the city because it's cheaper. The room was perfect, had a sink, stove, coffee maker, microwave, fridge and freezer. Nice bathroom. ... it's a little apartment really. Queen size bed, nice flat screen tv, near food options .The room was $60.... The only complaint was the bed was a too hard but we were so tired we feel asleep pretty quickly. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you were not completely satisfied with your beds firmness. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable suite that you found had just what you needed.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed October 5, 2013

we found two red spiders in the room, and the door of the room didnt lock, we are a family with a baby, we have two siders in our room, one in the room and one in the bathroom, also we room door didnt lock, we found that by mistake as after the third night we just wanted to double check if the door is locked after we went out, but ops with e small push from the outside and without the using the key anyone can open the door

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your room was unclean and that the door did not secure properly. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleanliness procedures and our maintenance staff has repaired the door so it does not affect future guests.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at csh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Such a great hotel! It was freshly updated and renovated. Super clean rooms and well lit parking lot. I stayed for three months there, it was a very great experience. The staff was helpful and friendly, as well as it being in a safe and convienient location. Overall a reputable Extended Stay hotel. Cannot complain at all. It did not seem like some average, cheap hotel. I am a happy camper.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90. We are pleased you had a great experience during your three month stay. It is good to hear you found the rooms super clean and that you found it to be a safe and convenient location. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again at Extended Stay America!
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed August 4, 2013

staff is welcoming and kind. the room is clean and big. the location is great as it is right next to the highway but couldn't hear any noise at our room.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff, cleanliness and location of the property. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Rooms are OK. Don't like having to replace towels and empting garbage. The breakfast was sparce, just a muffin or oatmeal and grain bars. Price was right. No pool or fitness center. Several eateries near by. I would stay again but only for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Ray - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that the grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a good room and location.

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed one night here before the July 4th holiday. Location is great, right off I-90. Room was generally clean and comfortable although some of the towels in the bathroom looked a little dingy. I found a great deal online, so the hotel was worth the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the location and property; however, we apologize that the towels were not up to standard. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to work with the staff to ensure they only use the towels that are of acceptable quality.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at csh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.