“Visiting Chicago”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90
Lima, Ohio
“Visiting Chicago”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting Chicago and stayed outside of the city because it's cheaper. The room was perfect, had a sink, stove, coffee maker, microwave, fridge and freezer. Nice bathroom. ... it's a little apartment really. Queen size bed, nice flat screen tv, near food options .The room was $60.... The only complaint was the bed was a too hard but we were so tired we feel asleep pretty quickly. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you were not completely satisfied with your beds firmness. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable suite that you found had just what you needed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed October 5, 2013

we found two red spiders in the room, and the door of the room didnt lock, we are a family with a baby, we have two siders in our room, one in the room and one in the bathroom, also we room door didnt lock, we found that by mistake as after the third night we just wanted to double check if the door is locked after we went out, but ops with e small push from the outside and without the using the key anyone can open the door

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your room was unclean and that the door did not secure properly. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleanliness procedures and our maintenance staff has repaired the door so it does not affect future guests.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at csh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Such a great hotel! It was freshly updated and renovated. Super clean rooms and well lit parking lot. I stayed for three months there, it was a very great experience. The staff was helpful and friendly, as well as it being in a safe and convienient location. Overall a reputable Extended Stay hotel. Cannot complain at all. It did not seem like some average, cheap hotel. I am a happy camper.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90. We are pleased you had a great experience during your three month stay. It is good to hear you found the rooms super clean and that you found it to be a safe and convenient location. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again at Extended Stay America!
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed August 4, 2013

staff is welcoming and kind. the room is clean and big. the location is great as it is right next to the highway but couldn't hear any noise at our room.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff, cleanliness and location of the property. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Rooms are OK. Don't like having to replace towels and empting garbage. The breakfast was sparce, just a muffin or oatmeal and grain bars. Price was right. No pool or fitness center. Several eateries near by. I would stay again but only for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Ray - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that the grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a good room and location.

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed one night here before the July 4th holiday. Location is great, right off I-90. Room was generally clean and comfortable although some of the towels in the bathroom looked a little dingy. I found a great deal online, so the hotel was worth the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the location and property; however, we apologize that the towels were not up to standard. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to work with the staff to ensure they only use the towels that are of acceptable quality.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at csh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Eden, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This inn is located right off the interstate, so it is easy to find. We had a room on the side of the inn away from the interstate, so we were not bothered by any noise from that arena. There are many businesses and eateries within a few minutes drive from the inn. Rates were reasonable, room was clean, service was good as well. As with most of these inns, dishes and cooking utensils are minimal, so don't plan to cook anything extensive. If you need a place to stay for an extended time, this is a good place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Kay - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be a great location during your travels. As well, I truly appreciate you taking the time to highlight the different aspects you liked best about your stay with us and the area. We truly enjoyed having you visit with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.