“It's the price.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“It's the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Rooms are OK. Don't like having to replace towels and empting garbage. The breakfast was sparce, just a muffin or oatmeal and grain bars. Price was right. No pool or fitness center. Several eateries near by. I would stay again but only for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Ray - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that the grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a good room and location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Novi, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed one night here before the July 4th holiday. Location is great, right off I-90. Room was generally clean and comfortable although some of the towels in the bathroom looked a little dingy. I found a great deal online, so the hotel was worth the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the location and property; however, we apologize that the towels were not up to standard. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to work with the staff to ensure they only use the towels that are of acceptable quality.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at csh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Eden, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This inn is located right off the interstate, so it is easy to find. We had a room on the side of the inn away from the interstate, so we were not bothered by any noise from that arena. There are many businesses and eateries within a few minutes drive from the inn. Rates were reasonable, room was clean, service was good as well. As with most of these inns, dishes and cooking utensils are minimal, so don't plan to cook anything extensive. If you need a place to stay for an extended time, this is a good place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Kay - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be a great location during your travels. As well, I truly appreciate you taking the time to highlight the different aspects you liked best about your stay with us and the area. We truly enjoyed having you visit with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights after the hotel I was staying at was going to raise my rates while my wife was in the hospital. I looked at the rooms a few days prior to checking in with Sam, the front desk person, who is very friendly and accommodating. The room I was first shown did have an odor to it, but the room appeared clean. I don't know that I would want to stay 10 days in this hotel, but I needed a reasonable priced placed to stay for a couple of nights and this fit my budget. I simply do not like spending $100 or more a night for a room.

I checked in on June 5th and got a ground floor room. The room was very clean and I loved the showers! However, the arm of the recliner was broken, which I did report to Sam when I checked out. He completed a maintenance request card for this to be taken care of in my presence. In my room, at the desk area, there was a plug in that would accommodate two plug ins so there would be a total of 4 outlets. One of the plug ins was missing and you could actually see the wires behind the cover. The outlet behind the night stand did not have a cover on it at all. And the top of the refrigerator needed to be wiped down with a wet cloth. The beds are very firm, but I slept well both nights. Like I said, the floor, counters, bathroom, kitchen area to include the inside of the refrigerator and microwave and bedding were all clean.

The first day, I could smell the cooking odors in the hall, that eventually found their way into my room. I don't know what they were cooking, but I wouldn't have eaten it! Those odors lasted all day and night in the hallway. The next morning, the hallway smelled fresh and no odors for the remainder of my stay.

My second night, there was a man and lady having a loud argument down the hall from my room. It only lasted about two minutes and I heard one of them leave and nothing more from them the rest of the night. In the evenings, you could hear people coming and going some, and you could hear some walking upstairs and bumping on the walls, but all was quiet by 10:30PM both nights. I did not use the laundry area, so I cannot report on that.

The Grad & Go Breakfast isn't much, but it's more than Extended Stay used to have, which was nothing. Some fresh fruit, packaged muffins, breakfast bars, coffee and I believe hot chocolate and maybe tea. I did see what appeared to be several business people leaving in the morning and returning in the evening. The hotel is in the area of an office park and is very quiet. My room was even on the side of I-90, but you really had to listen close to hear the traffic. When you stepped outside, you could even hear birds singing! Thank you Sam for helping me when I needed a reasonable priced place to stay for a couple nights until my wife was released from the hospital!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that you found the outlets in the room not properly covered. Still, we are excited to know that we were able to have such a great experience with Sam. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Before I write a bad review for this hotel, I want to stress that the folks who work here are nice people. They mostly will bend over backwards with empathy, but can't do much to help with your nightmare stay. I also want to stress that if saving money per night is your primary goal, this hotel will do just fine. Now on to the review.

The doors are locked at night, but your card key will open them. I checked in at midnight, by ringing the doorbell and waiting for the night person to come to the desk and open the door. The lobby was clean. My room was on the ground floor was a short walk down the hall past the washer/dryer/vending room. So far so good.

My room was fairly small but they managed to squeze a complete kitchen into the space. In fact, the kitchen was only 5 to 10 feet from my bed. I began to notice that everything in the room was designed to be the least expensive furnishing the giant corporate owner could purchase. The table was a glorified card table that doesn't fold. The desk chair imitates the look of an ergonomic and expensive executive chair but can barely hold itself together without strain. The refrigerator drove me crazy until I turned it off. (which caused interesting drip noises 2 hours into sleep)

The air conditioner is mounted in the window. Expect loud fans and compressors all night and uneven temperature distribution. The bed was acceptable but not comfortable. The bathroom definately was way beyond cheap. Think Motel 6. You get a micro-sized bar of soap and a tiny sample of Shampoo. I learned the next day that we are asked to bring our own or buy from the vending machines. I noticed a brown stain on the toilet seat, but upon trying to scrub it off I discovered it was a cigarette burn from a previous guest smoking in the boys room. (I wonder how many guests have to try and clean the stain before they realize it is not what it looks like)

I also learned that there is no maid service unless you pay extra or wait for 6 days for the next scheduled maid service. I don't make hotel beds very well, so nights 2 and 3 were painful.

There is no breakfast. Just a few baskets of unhealthy muffins baked weeks ago in a factory, some fruits and less than great coffee.

The vending machines offer cokes and candies and other supplies. The prices are outrageous. The message seems to be that you should have brought your own stuff.

Out in the front of the hotel, there isn't even a bench to sit on if you want to wait in comfort for your ride. The taxi driver who picked me up one night told me I was staying in the #1hotel where hookers live. Evidently they don't do business in the hotel, but they live there for the cheap rates and 24 hour private access for coming and going to work all night.

Would I ever stay at an Extended Suites again? Nope. This corporation has completely reduced hotels to the barest minimum of comfort. If the price of a room was $29.95, that would be fine, but lets face it, they are only $20 a night cheaper than hotels with maid service, mini-markets, toiletry items, comfortable furniture, nice grounds, higher caliber guests, restaurants, bars, and all the stuff that makes being away from home tolerable.

Anyone deserves better than this when they travel out of town. If you can afford a real hotel, do it, your comfort is important.

Room Tip: Pay a little more money and go to another hotel in the area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Carl_road_warrior
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that your visit with us was not 100% satisfactory. The staff and I are striving to improve our offerings and procedures to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again. As well, as this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we do not condone illegal activity of any kind at our property. We take these comments very seriously and will take action as needed.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at csh@extendedstay.com. Although you state you will not stay at an Extended Stay again I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The room smelled, could not find any employees , half of the laundry room did not work. The trash cans outside where full of trash. Parking lot had trash in if . If you wanted to find someone to check in or for some help you had to call on the phone but you had to find the phone first. Stay away.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Jim - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that you found both the exterior and interior of the hotel in the condition that you did as well as you were not able to find staff immediately. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I have created a housekeeping checklist to ensure all rooms are kept in accordance with our company cleanliness standards and am also reviewing the importance of being available to our guests with the rest of the staff.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at csh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here for a night, but it would definitely be a good choice for travelers that needed the convenience of a kitchen including full-sized fridge, small stove and microwave. Amenities included free wi-fi and mini breakfast stand in lobby that offered cereal bars, pre-wrapped muffins, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and a small selection of fruit. The bed was comfortable and the room was immaculate. The desk staff was solicitous and efficient. The walls and floor are thin. I could hear the people above me wake up. Also, even though the street address of this location is on N. Roselle Road there is no access from N. Roselle Rd. You must take a couple of side streets. Take a GPS or get exact directions. This is not a fancy extended stay type facility, but it was attractive and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. It would be a great, affordable alternative to staying with relatives.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room as well as our Wifi and Grab N Go Breakfast. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.