“So long to our favorite diner...”

Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe
Ranked #3 of 326 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lagos, Portugal
“So long to our favorite diner...”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

For the last few years whenever we visit Chicago, my wife and I have been having breakfast at a local diner. If you are a meat and eggs person, the place is great, but if not, it can be a struggle. From that perspective, we decided to stop at the Wildberry for breakfast, hoping that my wife could find something interesting to eat. It is a large restaurant, so one shouldn't be daunted by the cars in the lot. The first thing I noticed was the espresso bar in the lobby. No perked coffee for me today! We were promptly shown to a table and the waiter quickly took a drink order. After returning with drinks, including a very tall Cafe Americano, I ordered corned beef hash and eggs and my wife went eclectic with half a grapefruit, chicken sausage and a bagel and cream cheese. As I dug into my meal, my wife asked about my meal, and I grudgingly had to admit that the home-made hash was much better than my favorite diner. Meanwhile, she was delighted to not be forced into the limited choices of the diner. she next asked about the pancakes, and once again, I had to admit they were better than the diner's. finally, the bill came, and it was about the same as we normally pay at the diner. So long, old friend...

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chipol

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Seminole, Florida
“Your mother didn't make breakfast this good.”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've been here twice. Both times we were seated quickly, and got coffee, water, and menus within minutes. The menu has lots of choices, and although most of the entrees are not low-cal, you can get fresh fruit on the side. Prices were reasonable, service was good and very friendly. Good place for a morning business meeting or breakfast with friends.

Visited September 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Best GF pancakes!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful place for a hearty breakfast. The portion sizes were quite large. You definitely could split with someone else. I loved that their were GF options. The pancakes were fantastic. Everything that we ordered was really good. This restaurant is a must!

• Visited September 2013
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The mexicana omelette is good and their frappuccinos are delicious! It's a good place to bring the family over for breakfast on the weekend.

• Visited September 2013
Buffalo
“Berry Pancakes !!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you go you have to get any of the special pancakes on the menu. It is well worth it. Had the Berry Pancakes, there was a lot of fruit in every bite.

Visited September 2013