“Difficulty with the Chef Perhaps?”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #46 of 343 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I chose to have dinner on our anniversary evening out at P.F. Chang's in the Woodfield Shopping Center in Schaumburg. We had dined at other P.F. Chang's restaurants from coast to coast, and had always had a good experience, so we thought we had a known quantity when we picked it this time as well. However, we (and apparently a few other patrons) were surprised by the poor quality of the food this time. My husband's Mongolian Beef was more like beef jerky, and my Moo Goo Gai Pan arrived as a plate of pieces of chicken and veggies, but almost no sauce on it at all. We eventually sent back the Mongolian Beef for one that was a closer match to the description in the menu, and I toughed out my vegetable plate, but was wishing we'd gone somewhere else for our special occasion. The manager came out to apologize and gave us our Mongolian Beef for free which we appreciated. And it appeared that the people in the next booth had a similar issue as well, because soon the manager was offering to cover the cost of their meals as well. We'll hope that this was a temporary situation, and that they get the chef issue back on track soon. P.F. is usually a good place to celebrate!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The prix-fixe menu was an excellent value for me and my boyfriend.
First course was soup, we both had the Egg Drop Soup, which we both thought was chicken noodle but I loved it!
Second course was the appetizer, it comes with 1 to share but we ordered an extra as well, we had the pork dumplings and the egg rolls.
Third course was the entrees, I had Chang's Spicy Chicken and he had Mongolian Beef, both were very good.
Fourth course was dessert, this was the only disappointing portion of the meal, which is sad since dessert is usually my favorite, they gave you a few options and we chose the chocolate peanut butter crunch, there was no description of what it was but we thought how can you go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter? The first thing I didn't like was that it had caramel, not a fan, but since it was only drizzeled on the top we flipped the cake in its side so I had the bottom and he had the top, but the rest of the cake was still frozen! Not enjoyable at all.

Overall the service, the staff, the ambiance all were excellent.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food is well prepared and the wait staff helpful and attentive. The szechuan asparagus is worth the visit. I wish the management would stop telling the wait staff to mix up the sauces in based on what you have ordered. This is a minor irritation. It is worth a visit.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love vegetable lo mein if it is prepared well. The one I had for lunch here was the best ever! It had fresh ingredients cooked to perfection, and the tastiest sauce. The lunch entree included a lovely salad of mixed greens. Service has always been good at this restaurant, too!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'm not much for chain restaurants when I travel, but when it's raining and you want something familiar, PF Changs is the way to go. In all of the cities I've travelled, they have the most consistent food and atmosphere quality, which is great on both counts. Service was fast and friendly and my food came quickly from the kitchen. Lettuce wraps are my favorite staple. No Wifi, but business friendly.