“Dinner With Colleagues ”
Review of Westwood Tavern

Westwood Tavern
Ranked #21 of 406 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

Food was good and so was the service. Wide variety on the menu. The odd thing about this experience was that I asked for a tea to go and the waiter said no problem. However, after about 5 minutes he came back and said he was sorry but the manager said they don’t allow drinks to go, including non-alcoholic. I have never run into that in my entire life. We all found it very odd. Because I travel, I love a tea or water to go so I have something in my hotel room. Not this time. Go figure!

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (172)

Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

Menu has a wide variety from specialty sushi rolls, custom burgers, pot roast, salmon, etc. lots of great choices.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant is fantastic. Great venue to have a beer and watch any game. Very well laid out for a good time. Food is spectacular try the foot long braised short rib grilled cheese and tomato bisque with tater tots and the jalapeño dipping sauce this is enough food for 2-3 people and worth the trip. Excellent service and excellent food. Will go again when I’m in town.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

Always a great place to stop and enjoy a cocktail or have a nice dinner! Fairly modern menu offering anything from sushi to burgers and tacos! I had the hickory smoked wings with barbecue and they were fantastic!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 17, 2018

A dozen family members including four kids aged 2, 6, 10 and 11 had a wonderful dinner out. We got excellent attention, and when something went wrong (one cold fries, one fries instead of sweet potato fries) they made things right. And when someone made a special request (chopped salad with all of the toppings in individual containers), they made that happen as well. The upstairs area is huge with multiple TV screens on every wall and lots of ambient noise, so having cross-table conversations was impossible. Even conversing with my wife next to me was difficult. But the active kids could run around and play on the numerous empty lounge chairs. None of the staff reacted badly to the kids' behavior and some of them engaged personally in conversations. On top of all that, my Swiss cheeseburger was first rate. Cooked perfectly with fresh toppings. I sampled one bite of the veggie burger which had quite a kick. My wife was surprised at the cream sauce on the salmon dinner, not mentioned on the menu. All in all, a pleasant night out with family, supported by great staff and good food.

Date of visit: December 2018

Been to Westwood Tavern? Share your experiences!