“Not accessible”

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Schererville, Indiana
“Not accessible”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in a 1 bedroom, wheelchair accessible suite. The bedroom was almost too small for the king size bed. My wheelchair is small and barely fit between bed and wall. The shower head had very low pressure and it took at least 15 min. to get lukewarm water. Here's the kicker....the room did not have a bathtub bench or grab bars for the tub. When asked, they said they didn't have benches for the tubs!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I realize that I cannot make up for difficulities that you encountered during your stay with us. I can assure you that we are in the process of identifying and rectifying the accessible issues that you have identified. This property will begin an entire rooms/ lobby renovation in February of 2014 and by summeritme wet will be the best kept secret in Schaumburg. We strive to provide the best service and I'm sorry that we were unable to provide that to you. I hope that if you are in the Schaumburg area in the future you will give us another chance. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kandahar, Afghanistan
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I meet family for a shopping/relaxing weekend. The two bedroom suite had lots of room - loved that! Close to lots of shopping and entertainment including Woodfield mall, IKEA, and Medieval Times. Also pet friendly. It was a 10 min drive to the Park and ride to catch the train into the city - very convenient. The only real issue with the hotel were the raccoons - we saw several on the property - including on the second floor of one of the hotel buildings. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tina1207
northern california
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stopped here while visiting chicago and dropping off child at college. Good access to freeway/Chicago. Lots of local shopping to stock up for college as well (Ikea, Target, Kohls, Bed Bath). Breakfast was great. Selection varied each day. Room size was great. Condition OK. Fold out was kinda on its last legs. Placement of light switches was odd and it took a day to happen upon the switch to the bathroom sink (near the bed). Laundry room worked well.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lima, Lima, Peru
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Was a really fantastic experience in our first time to visit Chicago. The hotel has comfortable areas, free breakfast, basketball court, friendly attention. We are from Perú and my wife and I visited Down Town. The Hotel have free Shuttle around 5 milles or 8 Km. They leave in train station Roselle. The hotel is near to supermarkets, bestbuy, cricket shop and Woodfield Mall. I'm pleasure to recomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David C
RIDGELY
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I believe this used to be a Staybridge at one time. Staff was great. Actually had a 2 br 2 bath so LOTS of room. Freshly painted but furniture needed updating although nothing torn or dirty. They were doing major work on the outside..painting, new stairs, landscaping so it will really be nice when it's done but was still fine for this trip. Breakfasts were decent - some days better than others. Decent location and TV stations to choose. Good internet service. Would definitely consider another stay in the future but still would compare other suite hotels for pricing.

Room Tip: Having that 2nd bathroom was great..both baths nice nice :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KJW2011
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Breakfast was good, but don't expect real eggs or any pork bacon or sausage. The shuttle is free for a 5 mile radius but may not always be available. Property is under construction so there are crewmen and tablesaws, boards and nails. Rooms have everything, but no flatscreens or oven, there is just a cooktop with all of the cookware and dishes you'll need. Location is perfect, we were able to walk to Woodfield Mall (huge) and AMC theatre, only about mile away. There is also a Whole Foods grocery store near theatre. My heart broke when I learned the hot tub spa had been cemeted over. I was a little put off at the fact that my room was in a secluded corner where there was considerable construction going on. I was told that that was the only 2 bedroom, 2 double king suite on the property. The construction crew did not disrupt my sleep but it was ugly to look at and I had a four year old who tripped on red hooks pertruding from the ground. There was no injury, but I was still dissappointed that the soil and mulch outside the door was all upheaved. I would have split my large family up into two rooms had I known this ahead of time. We were in room 2013 I believe. We did not want a smoking room either but I did not find that to be a problem.

Room Tip: Get a room near the pool if you plan to use it, you'll thank me later Lol. Anywhere else is a lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SoloStarSky
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. Everyday we strive to do our best as a team and make a guests' stay as enjoyable as we can. Please come back and visit us next year after we are fully renovated. Thank you again for staying with us.
Newmarket
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable, large suite. Comfortable beds. Great WiFi. Great breakfast. Good evening reception meal. Furniture is older, but renovations are in progress. I would definitely stay again. Good value for the money! Great location. Only a mile from Woodfield Mall.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is very roomy and comfortable for families. Each bedroom has a full bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family