My wife and I like to do little overnighters for our birthdays, she tries to surprise me, I try to surprise her. Our trip this year (June 1-2) for her birthday was to Schaumburg for (unbeknownst to her) the Medieval Times dinner and tournament. It just so happened that the Hyatt House had a package deal. I'll review Medieval Times later.
As for the Hyatt House.. They had the best deal on a room/event package, and although here on Trip Advisor their ranking is low overall for the Schaumburg area, most of the reviews were leaning positive, so I took a chance. We drove pretty much right to the hotel, as it's easy to find. Schaumburg is a nice place with a lot of shops and restaurants. When I made the reservation via phone about a week prior, I mentioned in passing to the associate that this was the weekend of my wife's birthday. Apparently, she made note or something, or however it happened; upon check in she upgraded the room to a spa tub at no charge. And a note about the two young ladies at the desk... I have seldom seen broader smiles and genuine welcomes from ANY hotel desk associates. What a great start to a great weekend! I will have to note, that check in is supposed to be at 3pm, but they had not finished up our room by 3:45? So we did some running around and came back..No biggie. Got to the room, very clean looking, the appliances were clean and looked fairly modern. We were there only overnight so only the cleanliness was important to us. I do have to add, my wife did notice some sort of unpleasantness on one of the drawer handles, but not a deal breaker. Bathroom was stocked, the spa tub was REALLY a nice touch, since we were there as a couple (wink wink).. So showers, lounging and off to the show. Easy and quick to find Medieval Times with the map the desk provided along with our ticket vouchers.
When we returned from the show we stopped at the front desk to inquire about ice. We were assured the ice maker in the room fridge would supply the ice, when we got to the room, the freezer had no ice maker. We had just purchased a bottled soda from the little "mart" at the hotel desk, but it was warm (and expensive). A little bit in the freezer, and it was good to go. The bed was comfy, but had an odd squeak when you rolled over..Not during any other critical times (another wink,wink), but just certain shifts in sleeping positon. All in all, a good night's sleep.
Our stay included the hot breakfast, so we wanted to take advantage. Since this hotel has no real lounge or restaurant, the breakfast bar area is where this takes place. The breakfast was hot, a bit limited, but really pretty good. The main problem with this is lack of seating. VERY little room to sit and eat. The lobby couches and such had to be used as the dining area.
After breakfast, we proceeded to check out, and away we went.
In a nutshell, the Hyatt House was a good fit for our purpose. The price was right, and the pros FAR outweighed the cons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg is a luxury extended stay property located in the heart of Schaumburg. Surrounded by shopping, restaurants, and businesses, this hotel makes your stay comfortable and rewarding. Each guest will enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast with omelette station daily, managers reception Monday -Thursday from 5:30 p.m.-7p.m., where we serve complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks and appetizers. Our hotel also offers complimentary Wifi throughout the hotel and shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Some of the businesses, attractions, and restaurants that our hotel shuttle will transport to are Motorola, IBM, Zurich, Pepsi, Capital One, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Experian, Schneider Electric, Medieval Times, Gameworks, Legoland, Level257, Woodfield Mall, The Streets of Woodfield, IKEA, Weber Grill, Granite City Brewery, PF Chang, Cheesecake Factory, Wildfire, Season 52, Shaws Crabhouse, and Moretti's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg Hotel Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Hyatt Summerfield Suites
- Schaumburg Summerfield Suites
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites
- Hyatt Schaumburg
- Summerfield Suites Schaumburg