“Good Value”

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
FloridaUSA
“Good Value”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hotel is in good location across from Woodfield Mall. Room was clean and had kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, sink. Nice if you are looking to cook in room, which we were not. Had been expecting a suite type set up, but was just a good size room with a kitchenette. Free hot breakfast was exellent with eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, fruit, and much more. Room was a bit dated. Bed looked small for a queen and visably sagged in middle. Good choice if on a budget and need a kitchen.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHyattHouse, General Manager at Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Valued Hyatt House Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review our property! I'm sorry that the bed was not up to standard, I regret we were not able to switch you to a room with a more firm mattress. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast, we work hard to make sure our buffet offers not just a good quality of items but quality as well. I hope the next time you are in the Chicagoland area, you choose to stay with us again. Feel free to contact me if decide to visit again, and my staff and I will make sure your room will be ready and up to standard!

Thanks again for staying at Hyatt House Schaumburg!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mattoon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The gal at check was extremely friendly and helpful. Free breakfast, good location, good sized rooms, dvd players, fridge, social hour, clean hotel... just to name a few of the benefits of this hotel. We had a great stay, thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMHyattHouse, General Manager at Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Valued Hyatt House Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt House Schaumburg. I hope your trip back downstate to Mattoon wasn't too long. We try our very best to make sure we provide each and every guest with as much amenities as we can. We want to make sure as much as possible that our guests feel at home, and based on your comments I'm glad we were able to do so! If you decide to stay in the Chicagoland area again, I hope you come back and stay with us! I look forward to your next visit, and next time you are here you can ask for me or my Front Office Supervisor and we can personally welcome you back! Thank you for the review!!

GM Hyatt House Schaumburg
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Traveling through and needing to pick up colleagues at ORD the next morning, convenient location, reasonable price, free parking and excellent breakfast. Clean and comfortable highly recommended. We will be using this hotel again for a similar trip and two weeks because it worked out perfectly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GMHyattHouse, General Manager at Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Valued HyattHouse Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about our property. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay at HyattHouse. We are in a convenient location and glad it was close and accessible to all your destinations. I am also happy the breakfast buffet also met your expectations. I look forward to your visit in the future. If you should need anything else you can ask for me or anyone on staff can assist you.

Thank you for choosing HyattHouse Schaumburg!

Chicagoland
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in 2 bed 2 bath room suite for 3 nights. Staff very friendly and helpful. Facility reasonably clean and functional with the usual amenities. I was impressed with the daily rate which was far less per nite than any similar hotel within a 10 mile radius. Would definitely stay there again if necessary.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Valued HyattHouse Guest,

Thank you for staying at HyattHouse Schaumburg! We value your business. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in the 2 bedroom suite and that the staff was very friendly and welcoming. We hope the next time you are in the Schaumburg area you will stay with us again! We look forward to seeing you again!

GM Hyatt House Schaumburg
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very well appointed room, clean and very good selection of breakfast, bed was a bit dated but nothing too bad, overall very good experience.Loved the fact that they had lot of outlets and internet was great , will choose this hotel over all the expensive one's in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Agill36
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt House Schaumburg from 10/3/12 - 10/7/12. I flew into MIdway International and used a transportation service recommended by the Hyatt. It was $65 each way but worth every penny not having to deal with directions, traffic and gas prices. I was in town for a seminar and decided to stay at the Hyatt vs. the hotel at the Conference Center based on price, shuttle service and previous experience with Hyatt.

I was not disappointed. The Happy Hour was great and served as a light dinner for me 2 of the 4 night there. The breakfast was plentiful with eggs, fruit, cereal, and bagels/bread. It is also close to a lot of other restaurants as well including Uno's, 5 Guys, and Weber Grill.

I stayed in a studio which was the perfect size. The TV channels were mostly analog which was the only negative, in my opinion, for the room. The TV was a nice size.... it seemed a shame that all the channels weren't digital. Having the refrigerator and microwave in the room was a plus!

I used the fitness facility twice. It has two treadmills, two ellipticals, a recumbent bike and dumbbells and a bench. It was adequate for my needs. It has an outdoor space with a basketball hoop which I thought was kind of different. The pool was a typical size for a hotel but the sauna was nice.

All the staff was friendly and the shuttle service was a definite plus for me to and from the conference center (5 minutes away). If I travel to the Schaumburg area again in the near future, I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMHyattSummerfield, General Manager at Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our property. It is with pleasure to read your thoughts and know that we were able to provide a satisfactory stay. We most certainly look forward to a return visit should your travels bring you back to the Schaumburg area.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I brought my boyfriend to Schaumberg for a weekend getaway for his birthday. I chose this hotel because of the free breakfast and microwave/fridge in the room, and the sauna with the hot tub and indoor pool the facility has. Also for the location. Location is great, but the hotel is more for extended stay. The room was nice enough (we had a queen studio), with a FULL kitchen - regular size refrigerator, microwave, mini stove/oven, mini dishwasher, sink, and was stocked with items to cook and eat off of.

We were located in room 202. I would recommend staying as far away from the lobby as possible, as some of the 2nd floor overlooks the lobby, and it can get quite noisy. Also, this room is right by the elevator. We didn't think to change rooms at the time. You can also hear your neighbors, as well as the plumbing. The air conditioning/heater was pretty loud when it came on, but the temperature was comfortable, and at least it worked.

There was no full length mirror, but there was a mirror next to the table/desk, as well as a large mirror in the bathroom. There weren't many outlets in the room, especially none around the bed/beside tables. I had to plug mine phone into the outlet in the kitchen area. There was an outlet on the lamp that was located on the table/desk, so my boyfriend used that one to plug his phone into.

The bathroom was pretty spacious. The lighting in there was decent for putting make-up on. The hairdryer was small, but it got the job done. If you like power in your hairdryer, I'd suggest bringing your own. We had an issue with the plug in the shower that changes the water from the spout to the shower head. It was super hard to lift it. I hurt my fingers trying to pull up on it to change it to the shower, so when it finally lifted, we left it up our entire stay, so that we didn't have to deal with it again.

The rest of the room came with the usual amenities. There was a free breakfast that seemed adequate, however, I couldn't really eat anything on it, as I'm on a gluten free diet, among other dietary issues. I brought my own breakfast. Since there is a kitchen in each unit, you can cook whatever food you'd like if you don't want what they serve.

My boyfriend used the fitness facilities. He said it was nothing special, and the room was small, but it got the job done. He used the eliptical machine. We did not get a chance to use the pool, hot tub, and sauna due to the limited hours it was open. Although the pool did look really small.

The lobby is spacious, and they do offer a cocktail hour only Monday - Thursday, so unfortunately, we did not partake in that.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I'd recommend this place for an extended stay and/or for groups of people, rather than a weekend getaway with your significant other.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators.