I stayed at the Hyatt House Schaumburg from 10/3/12 - 10/7/12. I flew into MIdway International and used a transportation service recommended by the Hyatt. It was $65 each way but worth every penny not having to deal with directions, traffic and gas prices. I was in town for a seminar and decided to stay at the Hyatt vs. the hotel at the Conference Center based on price, shuttle service and previous experience with Hyatt.
I was not disappointed. The Happy Hour was great and served as a light dinner for me 2 of the 4 night there. The breakfast was plentiful with eggs, fruit, cereal, and bagels/bread. It is also close to a lot of other restaurants as well including Uno's, 5 Guys, and Weber Grill.
I stayed in a studio which was the perfect size. The TV channels were mostly analog which was the only negative, in my opinion, for the room. The TV was a nice size.... it seemed a shame that all the channels weren't digital. Having the refrigerator and microwave in the room was a plus!
I used the fitness facility twice. It has two treadmills, two ellipticals, a recumbent bike and dumbbells and a bench. It was adequate for my needs. It has an outdoor space with a basketball hoop which I thought was kind of different. The pool was a typical size for a hotel but the sauna was nice.
All the staff was friendly and the shuttle service was a definite plus for me to and from the conference center (5 minutes away). If I travel to the Schaumburg area again in the near future, I will definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg is a luxury extended stay property located in the heart of Schaumburg. Surrounded by shopping, restaurants, and businesses, this hotel makes your stay comfortable and rewarding. Each guest will enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast with omelette station daily, managers reception Monday -Thursday from 5:30 p.m.-7p.m., where we serve complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks and appetizers. Our hotel also offers complimentary Wifi throughout the hotel and shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Some of the businesses, attractions, and restaurants that our hotel shuttle will transport to are Motorola, IBM, Zurich, Pepsi, Capital One, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Experian, Schneider Electric, Medieval Times, Gameworks, Legoland, Level257, Woodfield Mall, The Streets of Woodfield, IKEA, Weber Grill, Granite City Brewery, PF Chang, Cheesecake Factory, Wildfire, Season 52, Shaws Crabhouse, and Moretti's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg Hotel Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Hyatt Summerfield Suites
- Schaumburg Summerfield Suites
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites
- Hyatt Schaumburg
- Summerfield Suites Schaumburg