I brought my boyfriend to Schaumberg for a weekend getaway for his birthday. I chose this hotel because of the free breakfast and microwave/fridge in the room, and the sauna with the hot tub and indoor pool the facility has. Also for the location. Location is great, but the hotel is more for extended stay. The room was nice enough (we had a queen studio), with a FULL kitchen - regular size refrigerator, microwave, mini stove/oven, mini dishwasher, sink, and was stocked with items to cook and eat off of.
We were located in room 202. I would recommend staying as far away from the lobby as possible, as some of the 2nd floor overlooks the lobby, and it can get quite noisy. Also, this room is right by the elevator. We didn't think to change rooms at the time. You can also hear your neighbors, as well as the plumbing. The air conditioning/heater was pretty loud when it came on, but the temperature was comfortable, and at least it worked.
There was no full length mirror, but there was a mirror next to the table/desk, as well as a large mirror in the bathroom. There weren't many outlets in the room, especially none around the bed/beside tables. I had to plug mine phone into the outlet in the kitchen area. There was an outlet on the lamp that was located on the table/desk, so my boyfriend used that one to plug his phone into.
The bathroom was pretty spacious. The lighting in there was decent for putting make-up on. The hairdryer was small, but it got the job done. If you like power in your hairdryer, I'd suggest bringing your own. We had an issue with the plug in the shower that changes the water from the spout to the shower head. It was super hard to lift it. I hurt my fingers trying to pull up on it to change it to the shower, so when it finally lifted, we left it up our entire stay, so that we didn't have to deal with it again.
The rest of the room came with the usual amenities. There was a free breakfast that seemed adequate, however, I couldn't really eat anything on it, as I'm on a gluten free diet, among other dietary issues. I brought my own breakfast. Since there is a kitchen in each unit, you can cook whatever food you'd like if you don't want what they serve.
My boyfriend used the fitness facilities. He said it was nothing special, and the room was small, but it got the job done. He used the eliptical machine. We did not get a chance to use the pool, hot tub, and sauna due to the limited hours it was open. Although the pool did look really small.
The lobby is spacious, and they do offer a cocktail hour only Monday - Thursday, so unfortunately, we did not partake in that.
The staff was friendly and helpful. I'd recommend this place for an extended stay and/or for groups of people, rather than a weekend getaway with your significant other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg is a luxury extended stay property located in the heart of Schaumburg. Surrounded by shopping, restaurants, and businesses, this hotel makes your stay comfortable and rewarding. Each guest will enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast with omelette station daily, managers reception Monday -Thursday from 5:30 p.m.-7p.m., where we serve complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks and appetizers. Our hotel also offers complimentary Wifi throughout the hotel and shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Some of the businesses, attractions, and restaurants that our hotel shuttle will transport to are Motorola, IBM, Zurich, Pepsi, Capital One, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Experian, Schneider Electric, Medieval Times, Gameworks, Legoland, Level257, Woodfield Mall, The Streets of Woodfield, IKEA, Weber Grill, Granite City Brewery, PF Chang, Cheesecake Factory, Wildfire, Season 52, Shaws Crabhouse, and Moretti's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg Hotel Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Hyatt Summerfield Suites
- Schaumburg Summerfield Suites
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites
- Hyatt Schaumburg
- Summerfield Suites Schaumburg