“Not perfect, but a great value”

Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Dallas, Texas
“Not perfect, but a great value”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Overall, this hotel is a great value. The hotel appears to have had some updates recently. There is a hot breakfast that was included. The breakfast was decent, however, we found it to be very crowded and there is not enough seating for all of the guests. This was not a huge deal, we just decided to take breakfast back to our room. The room we stayed in was a queen whirlpool studio. We really liked that our room had a fridge, stove top, and microwave. Unfortunately, the person who cleaned the room before us neglected to remove the trash from the previous guest. Also, the granite countertop in the bathroom was severely cracked and had been glued together. I am not sure if I would stay here again, there are a lot of great hotels in the Schaumburg area.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 511, the ganite countertop in the bathroom is cracked.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Not sure what others are complaining about!? Clean, great decor, staff is young but very well trained, hot breakfast, kitchenette, DVD player in room, indoor pool. We could not have been more impressed or pleased with our stay. Everything we were looking for AND more! Don't listen to naysayers...I have a feeling Christ himself could have been at the front desk & they would still complain.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank XJ650Rocks!
Champaign, IL
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I booked this hotel for one on the spur of the moment after deciding not to stay in downtown Chicago. When we first checked in, we were given keys to a room on the first floor that had not been cleaned. We had already lugged all of our luggage into the room (along with our 2 year old), so it was a bit of a hassle to change rooms. However, once we got into our new room we were perfectly happy. We were in a studio and there was plenty of space for all three of us. Even though we were only there for one night, it was still nice to have a refrigerator (the room also had a stove top and microwave but we didn't use them) available. There was also a DVD player in the room, which was nice. When we checked in, they were having a "happy hour" which looked to include various soups, sodas, cookies, and fruit (it should be noted that since this seems to be a hotel mostly frequented by business travelers, they only do the happy hour during the week). Overall, we were very happy with our stay and plan on staying here the next time we are in town. Oh and I almost forgot to mention the free wi-fi....definitely a plus!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I had a problem from when i stepped in to when I stepped out. I stayey here before and had a minor issue but thought I would give it another chance....BIG mistake ...not sure how hyatt allows his place to embarress its brand. The management was the biggest joke young arrogant who doesn't know what customer service means. Made me feel as if I was lucky to be there..Don't think so buddy stay at much nicer places where I am made to feel like I am important. Bye bye I will never subject myself to this again..

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ceojt
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I was surprised at the value of the one bedroom, which we got for $99 night. I booked two rooms for family and both were good sleeping experiences. It was one bed with full queen bed (sofa) in separate sleeping area with kitchen (full-size fridge, etc.). Warm pool with built in hottub and spa. Front hotel staff was very friendly on check in and helpful. Breakfast offerings good -- very slow to replentish so waited for almost every food choice and glasses, juice, etc., but the quality of the food was very good. Nice seating area. This hotel also one of the few in area that allows dogs with deposit. VERY happy with this hotel experience and will use it again in future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
GMHyattSummerfield, General Manager at Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to complete this online review regarding your previous stay with our hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and hope to see you back with us again when you visit Schaumburg in the near future.
Madison
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my family for one night in 2011. The hotel room is pretty good, I should be very clear with that. However, the front desk staff looked not quite trained. First, it was hard to understand what they were saying. Then, they would not bother to explain any of the amenities hotel may have. The worst thing was that they had no clue that if you have a reservation through Expedia, you have already been charged and the hotel should not charge your credit card again. This was despite the fact that I explicitly asked if my credit card would be charged and told him that my reservation was through Expedia. Needless to say, I was charged twice - once by Expedia and then by the hotel. When I called hotel again after a few days, I was told that only manager can take the charge back and he wasn't available until next day, so cal back; mind you No apologies from them. Anyway, I had to call Expedia and they talked to the hotel and got this resolved.

The good quality of the hotel room was totally offset by the poor service I received.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ditya6um
GMHyattSummerfield, General Manager at Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and your accomodations during your stay. I do apologize for the front desk and management issues that you encountered at your checkout. We have had some new staff on board and will take this lesson as a training exercise and learn from this experience. I hope that your next visit to Schaumburg will bring you back to the Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Schaumburg.

Thanks again.

Clint DeLee
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here over labor day weekend with our two small children and were overall very happy. Nice pool area, nice breakfast, big suite, friendly and helpful staff. Our only complaint was that we could hear our neighbor's alarm clock (several times) one morning. Luckily, that's all we heard coming from next door. We also found that the hallway outside our room smelled like cigarette smoke. The last morning, our room smelled like cigarette smoke. So that kind of stunk...literally. But overall, very nice hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family