“Great cozy value for the price!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Galena, Illinois
“Great cozy value for the price!”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We have been staying at this hotel since 1999 when we still lived in the area. This is the hotel we always stayed at when between homes or work being done on our home. Whenever we come back to the Schaumburg area, this is where we stay. We love the nightly cocktail hour (Not on Sunday), the great breakfast in the morning, and the Food pantry is a nice touch also. We also love to sit out on the porch area when the evenings are warm. We take advantage of everything that is offered at this hotel. We will be back and will continue to refer this hotel to all our freinds.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Michigan
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I would highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are very clean, the beds are really comfortable. And the staff are extremely helpful and polite. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and have yet to find one that compares.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Hotel is attractive. Lobby and dining area is very comfortable. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Nightly turndown service is a nice touch. Great variety for the free breakfast in the morning. Furniture is starting to show some wear but everything was clean. Air freshner or carpet freshner was a little overpowering. Has a business center and small workout area in addition to the pool. I had a 2 room suite for a better price than some of the other hotel single rooms. I didn't use the internet service this time but from what I remember it was adequate. Had plenty of seating and bedroom area with 2 large TVs. Not much of a work area for your computer and any additional paperwork. I have stayed at this hotel on a number of ocassions and prefer it to several of the others in the area for both price and atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
West Des Moines
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Never have we been treated so well by the staff here. This hotel offers so much value at an affordable price. Refrigerators and microwave in each room. Free drinks with munchies (Mon-Thur & Sat). Saturday afternoon tea on china. This Country Inn is like no other that we stayed at. It should become the defacto standard for hotels.

You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
chicagoland
Reviewed December 15, 2009

While I have stayed at this location several times, the last time I statyed here, it was the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel. There was a room mix up where I was forced to move rooms and then there was a billing error which took several days and a lot of time to correct. The front desk people have no idea how to work their own computer system and could not correct anything. In addition, the manager/owner (I think) is a total nut job. He has a short temper and aparently feels that he is too good to care about his customers problems. He does not realize that it is the people behind the counter who represent his establishment and his happy customers who are return customers. I will never stay at this Schaumburg location ever again. There are other hotels all over this area that know what they are doing and treat their customers with respect.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank franken1
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed May 3, 2009

This facility is very much a cut above the average Country Inn and Suites. We were fortunate to get a weekend/senior rate which was about half the normal rate. Therefore, this was a great hotel for the money.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kentucky1937
Anamosa Iowa
Reviewed April 8, 2008

I was looking forward to staying here after reading the reviews. It was everything I had hoped it would be. There were cookies at check in which were very good. My room was very clean and the internet worked flawlessly. The breakfast had a huge variety of thngs to choose from and was absolutely delicious. I have never seen a free breakfast with this many options. The managers reception was incredible. There were way more snacks than I had anticipated and included a free drink. .I only went one night as I went out for dinner with others from the training class I was in town for. I only had one complaint while I was there and that was that my air conditioning went out in the middle of the night and started blowing heat. I called down to the front desk and informed them of the problem and they sent someone up. I believe his name was Luis. He was very nice and assured me that he would take care of the problem. When I returned that day he had installed a brand new air conditioner and everything was great. Luis checked back with me later to make certain everything was well. He is quite an asset to this hotel as it was clear his priority was to take care of the guests. If I am ever back in Schaumburg I will definitely return here.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business