“Poor Service and Incorrect Billing”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed December 15, 2009

While I have stayed at this location several times, the last time I statyed here, it was the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel. There was a room mix up where I was forced to move rooms and then there was a billing error which took several days and a lot of time to correct. The front desk people have no idea how to work their own computer system and could not correct anything. In addition, the manager/owner (I think) is a total nut job. He has a short temper and aparently feels that he is too good to care about his customers problems. He does not realize that it is the people behind the counter who represent his establishment and his happy customers who are return customers. I will never stay at this Schaumburg location ever again. There are other hotels all over this area that know what they are doing and treat their customers with respect.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank franken1

Reviewed May 3, 2009

This facility is very much a cut above the average Country Inn and Suites. We were fortunate to get a weekend/senior rate which was about half the normal rate. Therefore, this was a great hotel for the money.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kentucky1937
Reviewed April 8, 2008

I was looking forward to staying here after reading the reviews. It was everything I had hoped it would be. There were cookies at check in which were very good. My room was very clean and the internet worked flawlessly. The breakfast had a huge variety of thngs to choose from and was absolutely delicious. I have never seen a free breakfast with this many options. The managers reception was incredible. There were way more snacks than I had anticipated and included a free drink. .I only went one night as I went out for dinner with others from the training class I was in town for. I only had one complaint while I was there and that was that my air conditioning went out in the middle of the night and started blowing heat. I called down to the front desk and informed them of the problem and they sent someone up. I believe his name was Luis. He was very nice and assured me that he would take care of the problem. When I returned that day he had installed a brand new air conditioner and everything was great. Luis checked back with me later to make certain everything was well. He is quite an asset to this hotel as it was clear his priority was to take care of the guests. If I am ever back in Schaumburg I will definitely return here.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank TMarek
Reviewed February 12, 2008

Oh, my gosh! This was the best hotel that we have stayed at in a long time. We will be staying at a Country Inns & Suites again. It was our 36th wedding anniversary. They did a great job decorating the room. A Very nice surprise. The hotel staff put some rose petals on the bed, and they put a box of chocolates there and a balloon as well. I don't know who did that but they did a great job and my wife LOVED the surprise. The Room was very clean. This is important for my wife. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cedar1118
Reviewed January 4, 2008

My husband and I just got married and it was wonderful! Everyone we worked with were friendly, accommodating, and considerate... everyone but the COUNTRY INN on Roselle Rd in Schaumburg, IL. They have the worst customers service ever!

*There was no way to contact Country Inn offices to let them know about their services. The employees at the hotel took us in circles and dead ends, as did the company website.

1. they give you a rate for your guests but then charge them more,
2. they have only one person who you can talk to regarding weddings and she is never available,
3. when you try to leave her a voicemail, the other employees either hang up on you or transfer you in a loop, or transfer you to the wrong person. the wrong people DON'T forwarded their messages either,
4. when another employee does try to help, they give inaccurate information,
5. they told us that our room is complimentary because we were having guests stay there, but then charged us for the room. When we complained about this, the wedding coordinator told us we were only paying $94 for a room that is over $300. We checked the rate on the room sign: it stated the room is worth $185.

I know that the Country Inn is relatively nice for a cheaper hotel, but the people in charge are rude and don't care about pleasing customers. The people who aren't in charge are just incompetent.

• Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank treefingers2226
Reviewed December 8, 2007

My husband and I stay at this hotel 1 or 2 times a year. It has always been very clean, the staff is nice, beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is great. The atmosphere is terrific. I would highly recommend. Some postings have stated that their rooms or the halls smell of smoke. I have never found this to be the case. I'll be back again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2007

We book a 5 night stay at this hotel. We checked into the hotel. We had requested a non smoking rooms but there are smoking rooms in the same hallway. So unfortuantely you can smell the smoke in your room. The rooms were some what dark and kind of old fashioned hotel. It was a ok place. So we decided to check out the next morning and go elsewhere. I spent a little bit more and had so much of a nicer place. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple