“Schaumburg, Illinois”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Country Inn & Suites in Schaumburg is the place to stay for business or vacation. The rooms and breakfast area are very clean. The staff is very professional and friendly. Instead of a regular in-personal hotel, County Inn & Suites is like staying at home.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed one night while passing through from a trip to Minnesota. The facility was clean and homey. The room was spacious and had a microwave and mini fridge. Parts of the room had seen their day, though - our comforter had some cigarette burns in it. Otherwise the room was okay. We did have some loud neighbors with children, but it never got in the way with sleeping.

My daughter wanted to swim, so I took her down to the pool. It was a bit cloudy, which I think meant too much chlorine. Seemed maintained otherwise.

Breakfast was great. It had a really nice breakfast room, and plenty of seating.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I prepaid for a room two months in advance of our stay. After a 7 hour car trip through Chicago traffic I arrived at the hotel with my six-year old son to be told that due to an 'electrical' issue they could no longer honor my purchase, and that they had taken my money and transferred it to a different hotel. I received no advance notice call, I was given no choice in the matter, I wasn't even given so much as a sorry; and from the looks of the review below mine they had plenty of room for other guests! From the looks of things it's hard not to assume that they took my money, double booked the hotel and then pawned off the discounted prepayments on another hotel in the area. I do not recommend this hotel, I do not recommend prepaying for services after what we went through. There are plenty of better hotels in Schaumburg, keep looking!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank William M
cx_schm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. We are sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We would like to hear more about your stay. Please contact the hotel directly and ask for Justin M. General Manager. I would like to further discuss the details of what happend during your check in.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

For incredible service and a great value, look no further in the Schaumburg area. I stayed 2 nights at the Country Inn & Suites for work this week and found the hotel to be convenient, comfortable, and clean - ideal for a work trip or getaway. What sets the Schaumburg Country Inn & Suites apart; however, is the absolutely amazing care Justin and his staff take of their guests. They went above and beyond on multiple occasions during my stay, helping with transportation via the hotel's convenient shuttle service, shopping and dining recommendations, and anything else we needed during the trip. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Picked motel because of great reviews. Didn't live up to its reputation. Just an average Country Inn & Suites. Breakfast waffles were great, eggs, dry. Room, quiet, but we had a problem with the a/C that was leaking. No ones fault, just one of those things that happens.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is superb. My family of 4 stayed there 3 nights and we were definitely impressed with the level of comfort and niceness. It is a very clean hotel, with a home-like environment, nice rooms with good size (even for a family of 4, it was good), great bathroom. Depending on the front desk staff member, they were friendly, nice to talk to, and very helpful. When we got there, the person with whom we checked in wasn't very nice, but others were really nice. Breakfast is delicious, and snack time too (however, it doesn't not include beverages; you'd have to pay). Pool and whirlpool were great to relax (you are not allowed to dive, though). I believe that they will need a much larger parking lot, because from what I saw there they are becoming very successful and famous; so much that the parking lot was almost completely full.
Hotel was quiet (even with lots of guests). Rooms include good tv, small refrigerator, microwave, radio, and wifi access. Near to Woodfield Mall, nice stores, and interstate road. Great stay!!

Room Tip: It seems that all rooms are pretty much the same. Not tips concerning which one to choose.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotels in Gurnee were charging top dollar so we booked here at 1/2 the price! The hotel is 35 miles from six flags and 15 miles from the airport. It's an awesome facility with high ceilings that is impeccably CLEAN! The beds are also super soft and comfy! Great neighborhood too! Highly recommended !

Stayed: July 2014