“Great staff makes a great hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed October 10, 2013

You could have the best looking hotel from the outside, but what really makes your stay enjoyable is the quality of the staff. Country Inn's super-friendly staff makes you feel welcome from the moment you walk into the lobby; the warm cookies are just an added bonus. Common areas and the room's themselves are clean and comfortable. Despite the hotel being located off of a busy road, you will get a quiet, pleasant night's sleep and wake up to a nice warm breakfast. As a business traveler, my company offers a couple of hotel choices, but I choose, and personally recommend, Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was the best Country inn and Suites i have ever stayed at. The staff was the GREAT!, Please stay there. SUPER clean and very safe. Close to anything in Chicago. easy to find the freeway

The breakfast was outstanding!!!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are great!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Super clean and modern hotel. Very attentive staff. Justin at the front desk is very helpful and has a tremendous knowledge of the area. The location is close to major highways and makes getting around the suburbs by car a breeze. They also have a shuttle van for quick trips to areas are unfamiliar to guests. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the Schaumburg area!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

3 day business trip to Schaumburg. The front desk staff are extremely helpful. We took advantage of the shuttle service to attend our meetings near by and dinner in the evening. Both shuttle drivers were friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my second visit to this particular hotel. My very first time was last year and it was nothing to write home about, it seemed to be just a normal stay in a normal hotel. There really wasn't a very home feeling about it.
Now here I am after my second visit, and I have one word to say AMAZING! I am not sure of the exact changes that were made but from the moment I walked in the door I felt as if I had entered a ski lodge in Aspen. It wasn't just the atmosphere that gave me the warm feeling of happiness it was the people. Every single person I came across had a sincere happiness to them. There are couple people I would like to mention in particular Firstly the cleaning staff is absolutely wonderful they clean the rooms great. I have stayed many places in my day and this is by far the cleanest I have ever seen. The Second is to the front desk manager Justin from the moment we checked in to the moment we left he was very funny made us laugh and very informative. It was great to see such a young person so passionate to take care of people. It is because of him that I have recommended this place to my friends for their anniversary getaway and have booked their room already!

Room Tip: They have a room for every traveler I personally this time stayed in the one bedroom suite last time...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days to get a way with the kids. The final day was going good until Justin the front desk "manager" arrived mind you I'm writing while I am still here at 3am. We even recommended my aunt to come and bring her kids to come in the pool. They came rented their own room. Well, we get ready to go take the kids to the pool. There's a mob of people 15people in the pool ranging from 5-30. Ok i get it capacity is 35guests. I guess from what it was Justin was allowing a Birthday Party in a room (they just rented one room for 15guests) and he was letting go. When me and my family rented 2rooms. And all together its 5 of us. That is including a 8month old. We get to the pool the 20year old man in their party does a huge canon bomb in the direction of my 8month old splashing him all in the face and me as well. Luis the worker the maintenance man seen and started yelling no no no there are other people using the pool. I was so angry grabbed the kids and we walked out. Luis states to us I can't believe he's allowing them to have a party. The law states only 5people to one room. So, we continued to hear the running and we were also given the excuse that some would be leaving by 10pm and at 10pm you need your card to get in the main building. That's not case that door is open 24/7. Well here is the big one its 3am the party got moved right below my window in the porch area. You can hear bottles and screaming. My baby is having a hard time sleeping. And its ridiculous cause were paying customers and reward members and never seen such careless manager. Who ever I just called at the front desk the woman she cared and cut the porch party out. Very disappointed I will be contacting Patrick the General Manager. Justin you handled the situation horribly. They need Luis as s front desk manager.

2  Thank keepitreal88