Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Schaumburg, IL
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewscookieswhirlpool suiteevening receptionwafflesbiscuits and gravymedieval timesfree drinkshot tubhappy hourcomplimentary breakfasta great place to staywoodfield mallbeds were comfortablewould definitely stay here againstaff was friendlyfireplacechicago
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2008

Oh, my gosh! This was the best hotel that we have stayed at in a long time. We will be staying at a Country Inns & Suites again. It was our 36th wedding anniversary. They did a great job decorating the room. A Very nice surprise. The hotel staff put some rose petals on the bed, and they put a box of chocolates there and a balloon as well. I don't know who did that but they did a great job and my wife LOVED the surprise. The Room was very clean. This is important for my wife. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cedar1118
Reviewed January 4, 2008

My husband and I just got married and it was wonderful! Everyone we worked with were friendly, accommodating, and considerate... everyone but the COUNTRY INN on Roselle Rd in Schaumburg, IL. They have the worst customers service ever!

*There was no way to contact Country Inn offices to let them know about their services. The employees at the hotel took us in circles and dead ends, as did the company website.

1. they give you a rate for your guests but then charge them more,
2. they have only one person who you can talk to regarding weddings and she is never available,
3. when you try to leave her a voicemail, the other employees either hang up on you or transfer you in a loop, or transfer you to the wrong person. the wrong people DON'T forwarded their messages either,
4. when another employee does try to help, they give inaccurate information,
5. they told us that our room is complimentary because we were having guests stay there, but then charged us for the room. When we complained about this, the wedding coordinator told us we were only paying $94 for a room that is over $300. We checked the rate on the room sign: it stated the room is worth $185.

I know that the Country Inn is relatively nice for a cheaper hotel, but the people in charge are rude and don't care about pleasing customers. The people who aren't in charge are just incompetent.

• Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank treefingers2226
Reviewed December 8, 2007

My husband and I stay at this hotel 1 or 2 times a year. It has always been very clean, the staff is nice, beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is great. The atmosphere is terrific. I would highly recommend. Some postings have stated that their rooms or the halls smell of smoke. I have never found this to be the case. I'll be back again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2007

We book a 5 night stay at this hotel. We checked into the hotel. We had requested a non smoking rooms but there are smoking rooms in the same hallway. So unfortuantely you can smell the smoke in your room. The rooms were some what dark and kind of old fashioned hotel. It was a ok place. So we decided to check out the next morning and go elsewhere. I spent a little bit more and had so much of a nicer place. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jill656
Reviewed July 31, 2007

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. We loved it! It was awesome. The breakfast in the morning is great-- fruit, bagels, donuts, pastries, biscuits, eggs, sausage, waffles (plus more). Our daughters loved the cookies and milk at night (plenty of cookies). We were only able to attend one of the evening receptions but we were very impressed. They had already made subs, crackers/cheese, fruit, chips, snack mix, roast beef, etc... The hotel itself is very clean. Our room was just as described. The housekeeping was superb. The pool area/hot tub was nice. The hotel is only about 15 minutes from the Schaumberg train station so we took the train into Chicago each day (traffic was horrible due to construction)--the train ride was only 50 minutes. We purchased the gochicago card -- if you are going to be in Chicago on vacation we would definately recommend it! It allows you to by-pass the lines at the major attractions (Sears tower, Shedd's Aguarium, John Hancock, Science Museum etc.) plus it gives you unlimited on-off rides on the grey line trolleys (don't take the free trolleys that are offered on the weekend--the lines and wait are horrible). and discounts are various stores/restaurants. We had a great time in Chicago and plan to go back!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family