“Excellent Space for business retreat”

SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Space for business retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We held our annual company (small company, approx. 30 people) management retreat here in January. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the accommodations were excellent, and the hotel was amazingly accommodating. This definitely met and/or exceeded all my expectations for a hotel at this price. I would absolutely recommend it for any small business looking for a meeting space in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sandy_Stanley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us at Trip Advisor! It was certainly our pleasure to host you work retreat! We are proud of the newly renovated meeting space and very pleased that it met your needs. The staff works very hard to accommodate all guests' and their needs. I am very proud that they exceeded your expectations. We hope to host your next retreat!

Sandy Stanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

There were four of us - 2 adults and 2 children, ages, 8 and 9. The room only had towels for two. The TV did not work. The staff did take care of these issues. When we pulled out the sofa bed there were no sheets on the bed. I was amazed. I called the front desk and was told, "Oh, the sheets are in the closet. You need to make the bed yourself." I theoretically was on a short vacation with the family. I did not want to make a bed. I can do that at home. One of the sheets was dirty and smelled bad, I took it to the front desk and they gave me a clean sheet, The next day out trash was full as the room hadn't been cleaned and it was 4:30 in the afternoon. I took my garbage can to the front desk and asked where I could empty it. The took it from me,

The staff was very nice. There was no management on site as I asked to speak to management on three occasions. The staff had no authority to make any kind of decision.

This might sound petty but I don't want to make the bed when I am on vacation. I have traveled for 60 years and never, never have I had to make the bed, even in really, really inexpensive hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bearoness
Sandy_Stanley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your review at Trip Advisor. I want to apologize that your stay was not all that you had hoped. I do hope that you received the letter I placed in your room and I apologize that we were unable to connect during your stay.

I want to thank you for bringing up your concerns with housekeeping. We have taken appropriate actions with the housekeepers regarding your concerns. Training takes place on a daily basis, and you have the commitment of the entire staff that if you choose to stay again, we will make it up to you. We also do not want any other guest to have a poor experience and we welcome all feedback. Thank you once again, and please feel free to contact me if you have further concerns.

Sandy Stanley
(847) 995-1500
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is good. I have been staying here since three months. Good staff. Nice breakfast. Clean. HD TV and HD channels. Only reason for a lesser star is - the rooms need to have more space for the closet, and not as good as seen in new Marriott advertisements for Springhill Suites.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sandy_Stanley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us at Trip advisor! It is very helpful to hear from guests' such as yourself who continue to return to the hotel! We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice while you are in Schaumburg!! See you next time!
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here early November 2012. Hotel is nicely furnished but has only one TV for the studio unit, and the closet is very small. But it does havea small fridge, microwa3, and bar sink. Each morning you can obtain a free breakfast, make your own waffles, hot oatmeal, other cereals, and sausage or ham. Very convenient, close to Ohare airport, restaurants, and shopping. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Book your weekend rate separate from weekly rate, Marriott will not offer it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
fox cities wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here during my daughters cheer competition at the convention center. I really did not expect this much for the low price but was very, very pleasantly surprised! We have stayed at many hotels over the years for these cheer comps and this was by far the best. I have stayed in may rooms that have costed a lot more and did not compare to this one! Not only was the room very clean but so were the hallways and all the other public areas. The staff was very friendly and helpful with all of our needs.Not only did the room include a kitchen area with a sink, microwave and mini fridge but they also served a complimentary hot/cold breakfast. I loved how spacious the room was. It was like a mini 1 bedroom apt. We got the king room that use to have a hot tub in it so it had a little extra space where we could even put the playpen for our 2 yr old...wanted to keep her close to us. You must ask for this type of room though because they all did not use to have hot tubs. Great location and was also quiet considering i think most of the rooms were filled with cheerleaders, toddler slept till 8 am next morning and she NEVER does that! The king bed was also very comfortable unlike all the other hotels I have stayed at this season....I have some back issues and I slept like a baby!There was also a laundry room on site!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a small child that will be in a playpen ask for a room that use to have a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
crown point
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here multiple times for business and the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the overall stay was great. The complimentary breakfast is ok. I would have liked a room safe but there was none. Other than that I would definately suggest this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
wichita kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a great location near IKEA and Woodfield Mall. Front desk staff as friendly as you can get. Great room with plenty of outlets and space. A great place to stay while traveling or on business.

I think some other SpringHill Suites have more options though for breakfast. I stayed there after visiiting nearby Rockford and coming back to Kansas. Probably overall one of the best Marriott branded hotel we have stayed at.

Room Tip: some construction nearby. We found it helpful to turn into the nearby residence Inn and then to Spri...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sandy_Stanley, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are very fortunate to be in a location with great shopping in the area! Along with the shopping, there are many restaurants to enjoy as well.

Your feedback regarding the breakfast options is very helpful. We are always looking for ways to improve. SpringHill Suites does plan to roll out a new breakfast in the near future. It is currently being tested at select locations, and the feedback has been very positive! We are looking forward to being a part of the new breakfast program next year!

We look forward to your next visit to the area!!