“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Mill Creek, Washington
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Our 4-day stay was very pleasant. The staff was friendly and the spa-like facilities were spotless, comfortable, and downright soothing. The clever room design provides a kitchen/office/living area nicely separated from the sleeping/bath area. The price is very reasonable. When we travel, I look for room at a Springhill Suites before any other hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

After a courteous and speedy check-in, I walked into the room and was at first quite pleased with the pleasant blue/green color scheme. I then took the decorative fabric off the bed, and underneath it on top of the comforter were quite a few hairs. Now, I'm not a complete germaphobe and shrugged that off, as long as there weren't any hairs on the inside sheets where I'd be sleeping, and there were not. HOWEVER, I went to get extra linens out of the bag in the closet for the pullout sleeper, and there were hairs all over that. AND, there were hairs all over the floor, which stuck on my foot when I walked across the room after a shower. And the icing and the cake: in the morning, I opened the coffee pot - and someone else's old filter pack was still sitting inside. So, it seems quite obvious that the housekeeping here is slipshod.

It's too bad, because we got a killer price, the room was dead quiet for sleeping, the bed was comfy, the shower worked well, the A/C and free WIFI worked, and it was nice to have a hot breakfast included in the room price (although the eggs were definitely not edible). Probably will not stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sandy_Stanley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
We wanted to take this opportunity to formally thank you for your feedback. Our guests’ comfort is of utmost importance and we pride ourselves in making sure it is our number one priority.

Your feedback is very important to us as we can work towards improving and not having any other guests' have the same experience you did on this particular
trip. I can assure that this is not typical and do hope that you will give the SpringHill Suites here in Schaumburg another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

This was my 2nd time staying at the Springhill Suites. This trip was for business, and a 3 night stay. The location is quite convenient if you are looking to pass the time in the evening and don't have a car. Jason's Deli next door is good iof you want a lite dinner or lunch.

On the plus side I found the Front Desk staff friendly and helpfull. The cleaning staff did a good job the entire stay. The wi-fi was fast ( for a hotel) and the breakfast selection quite good. The LCD TV was a nice feature. Even though the bathroom was looking a bit dated everything functioned and that's the main thing. AC worked like a charm too.

On the down side the shuttle service was already booked up every morning which meant taking a cab to/from Motorola every day. I had enquired about the service when making my reservation and was told I could book it when arriving The available times did not work for me, as my course started at 8AM.
Some of the "Market" items were a good price, others were not.
As for the towels and faceclothes I don't think they have been replaced since my last visit in 2008. My wife would have classified them as rags or cat bed blankets long ago.

Overall it was an average stay and I would have given a higher rating if a shuttle had been available. I could stay here again, but no guarantees.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel for two nights and it met our needs just fine. The hotel was clean and from the little we talked with staff, they all seemed friendly. The hotel is in very close proximity to the mall and numerous restaurants. The complimentary breakfast is nice and the wi-fi worked perfectly for us. We would definately consider staying at this hotel again if we were in the area and it was priced right.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Although the hotel is well located I am afraid that on this visit that is pretty much what it has going for it.
The rooms that they refer to as suites are actually quite small with a small sitting area and the bedroom divided by an open wall. There is one particular quirk that will drive you nuts. The TV is placed in such way as to allow occupants of either the living room or bedroom to watch one TV in the room. Problem is iflike me you like to watch TV from your bed make sure to have an appointment set with you chiropractor before you get home because your neck will kill you. In addition the quality of the TV is very poor at best.
Another problem we encountered which is a pet peeve of mine is slow Internet or non existent at all. We called the front desk and were given an 800 number to call to help fix the lousy internet and wifi signal. After having a second problem I explained to the girl at the front desk that the responsibility is not mine to fix their Internet problems. This is not to say that service was bad because it surely was not, the girls at the front desk were very nice and were very apologetic about everything.
Last but not least the overall hotel is not bad and is quite clean, however they need to get rid of those filthy carpets in the elevators, it gives a guest a bad feeling when they arrive at the hotel. The rest of the hotel included are room seemed clean.
I realize that when you stay at a hotel like this it is not fair to expect the Ritz however it fair to expect the basics to be right.
We will move to another hotel tonight and hope our luck will be better.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times on out trips to Chicago. The rooms are always clean, the staff friendly, and the full hot breakfast is great! Pool, hot tub and exercise area is always clean. Staff is wonderful, caring and always available to help. We recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank digetydog2004
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

For the government rate paid, this hotel exceeded my needs and expectations. It's not a resort spa. It's a traveller/buisness hotel. Breakfast is included - the hot dish changes daily and you have the same daily cold items to choose from. The bed was nice, room quiet (the A/C was loud and is by the bed - if this is an issue for someone), and it was clean. I definitely took advantage of the free shuttle too. Schaumburg is not a very walkable place. I asked for late check out and this was not an issue. The staff could not have been more friendly/helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business