All reviews woodfield mall front desk home away from home make your own waffles location is fantastic enjoyable stay potatoes living room christmas shopping full kitchen happy hour several weeks separate bedrooms a marriott rewards member sausage patties every morning rooms are spacious and clean
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Usually love Residence Inns. This one is disappointing. Takes air conditioning 8 hours to go down 10 degrees. They had trouble with the hot water and it got shut off twice during the week I was here. The beds are hard. The cabinets need replacing, as the doors don't completely close and the finish is worn. The ice maker makes about 8 cubes a day and the handle broke off the refrigerator when I opened it. The three pans provided for cooking are extremely cheap and not even non-stick so very difficult to cook with and the utensils are lacking. The coffee maker had scum covering the inside that could not be cleaned off. The garbage disposal sounds like a jackhammer! The door to my room is not properly hung and the hall lights shine through the cracks and light up the room, so it's difficult to sleep. Had to pile the couch cushions around the door cracks and hang clothes from the top of the door jamb to cover up all the light coming in. Powdered eggs provided at the breakfast are terrible, but I was delighted to see they offer fresh spinach. Breakfast has items that we've all come to realize are not very nutritious such as white bread and bagels, cereals which are full of sugar,and make your own waffles, which are also white flour and inflammatory. The best thing about Residence Inns is that the staff is usually very accommodating, friendly, and wonderful. Unfortunately, that doesn't make up for all of the issues this one has.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
risseeuwbenj, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg/Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sigma62- I am extremely disappointed to learn about the shortcomings of your experience at the Residence Inn. This type of experience is not the norm at our property and I am very sorry for the frustration. I will be sharing this feedback with our team to ensure these are isolated instances and that these issues are addressed immediately. I greatly appreciate your time to share this feedback with us as it is the best tool in providing a better experience for our guests. We hope we are given a second opportunity to regain your trust in the future. Best Regards.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

A very nice and clean residence inn, staff are great and always going the extra mile for you.
The rooms are spacious and clean, with basic equipment.
Location wise - this is good if you have family or business in the area...
Cheap price wise, but good value
Breakfast could be improved...more variety will improve the experience.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
risseeuwbenj, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg/Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear Roadrunner2772- Thank you very much for your kind words in regards to your visit to the Residence Inn. I am very glad to learn of your positive experience. Please let us know if we can assist with a future reservation and we hope to see you again soon. Best Regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2018

My purpose for staying at the Residence Inn Chicago in Schaumburg located near the Woodfield Mall, was to attend a training class. Residence Inns have a small market area where guests may purchase snacks. They carried a different brand than I prefer. Residence Inns offer to shop for a guest's groceries, so I requested my favorite. The General Manager, Benjamin Risseeuw, picked up my bill for the soda making my stay at this Residence Inn that much more enjoyable. Thank you very much, Mr. Risseeuw!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

Dear cllp2018- I am glad that we were able to accomodate your soda request and ensure your training was a success. I was more than happy to help! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Outdated and small rooms for the midwest, but all in all, the location is great. The staff was unbelievably helpful. Offered so many thoughts and suggestions on things to do in the city. Pet friendly and offered bones upon check-in. Inexpensive and close to many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
risseeuwbenj, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg/Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear monicacN2080Al-

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn in Schaumburg and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am proud to see that the team much such an "unbelievable" impression on oyu. We will be looking forward to your next visit and please let us know if there is anything at all we can assist with. Best Regards, Ben R.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

It is much better than the Rosemont, O'hare residence Inn.

I liked the rooms & specially the very friendly staff. rest everything is same as all Residence Inn.

American breakfast, seamless checkin-checkout. Exceptional was Lucy, our driver. She gave us goodies.

Room Tip: Take rooms away from Receptions & Gym
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
risseeuwbenj, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg/Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Dear BafnaShashank- I am very happy to see that the hotel and staff exceeded your expectations. They work very hard to meet the needs of our guests and they always love to hear when their hard work pays off. We hope to see you again in the future and please let us know if there is anything at all we can assist with. Warm Regards.