“Better Than I Expected”
Review of Tokio Pub

Tokio Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Tokio Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 343 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Higgins & Rt 53
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The title of this review is a little misleading, because I generally have high expectations of Lettuce Entertain You restaurants. However, the only reason we went to Tokio Pub is because Antico Posto in Oak Brook didn't have any available reservations. My wife needs to stick pretty carefully to a gluten-free diet and, though this restaurant wasn't listed on LEY's "gluten free menus" page, the person answering the phone confirmed they'd be able to accommodate us.

When we arrived, we were seated promptly (we arrived at the right time, too...it filled up pretty quickly afterward) and our server stopped by within a couple of minutes. She walked us through the menu and, when asked about gluten-free options, was forthcoming about the fact that they're working on improving the offering, but that we still had some choices. She worked with the kitchen staff to customize a dish for my wife that she said was delicious, so this place earned some big points for going above and beyond when they could have just left it at the few options we had at the time.

I ordered the pork belly, which was crispy without being overdone. It balanced well with the tangy ginger sauce and the fried rice it came with. Prices were on the higher side for what you get - about $15 a plate, for portions that weren't huge - but we left feeling full and satisfied. The atmosphere was surprisingly pub-y as well...tight spaces with louder music and an energetic crowd. A fun atmosphere on a Friday night.

If you're in the area, check Tokio Pub out! I think you'll find something to your liking.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had dinner here with some colleagues while in the area on business. Was very happy with the service, food, and the prices were very reasonable. Definitely be sure to try one of the Hot Rock appetizers (we had the skirt steak and the ahi tuna).

And don't be confused... this restaurant is attached to the side of Shaw's Crabhouse... you can enter on the side directly into Tokio Pub, or go through Shaw's to get there.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is one of my Lettuce Entertain You favorites. They are tucked away in the Streets of Woodfield next to Shaws...blink and you could possibly miss them. They have some really great menu items. It is an Asian/Mexican Fusion in a Tapas format. Drinks and food are really great. DO order the Sake Margarita. DO take advantage of Taco Time (one hour every week where all tacos are just $1 a piece). DO order the nachos. DO order the crsipy rice. DO order the beignets for dessert. I think this quaint tucked away restaurant delivers great food and great service. My only complaint is the rest room. It is a hike through Shaws and up the stairs. That doesn't stop it from being one of my favorites.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went here for a friend's birthday. The food was very good and prices were decent. The Udon Noodles were a great choice with a good price. The dark chocolate filled beignets were the best I have ever had. They brought my friend a free piece of their decadent chocolate cake for her birthday, and it was delicious! I would definitely come back here again! My only recommendation to the owners would be that they had some more sushi & nigiri choices. Either way I would love to come again!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I love the food at Tokio Pub and am a very frequent customer! Good variety in choices, interesting combinations of flavors. Their sushi and tacos are fantastic, and their crispy rice sushi is a delicious and interesting modification. Plus, having Sapporo on tap always appeals. Their weekly Taco Time (an hour a week where the tacos are $1 each) is totally worth it! Only complaint is that they've modified the menu several times and removed a couple items I loved -- bring back the pub fries and calamari! It's also a fairly small restaurant, so you might feel a little cramped unless you're on the covered patio, and you have to walk into Shaw's to use the restroom. Still, none of those things prevent me from coming several times a month -- the food is that good!