“Decent Choice if Shopping Nearby”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tokio Pub

Tokio Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Tokio Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 319 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Sushi, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Higgins & Rt 53
Barrington, Illinois
“Decent Choice if Shopping Nearby”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Tokio Pub is intimate and the lighting is dim. Unfortunately it is just as loud as it's neighbor, Shaws, but there is less activity. The menu was a japanese fusion of some sort. Good but no cigar if you expect mom and pop cooking-up there best in the back kitchen. Fantastic service,

• Visited April 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Shaw's unShanked -- Great Music and Ambiance!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I decided on this location for an early lunch. I did not realize it was physically connected to Shaw's and then I was disappointed when I could not order oysters. So I started with the ceviche which was delicious. I did have some trouble with all of the Asian inspired dishes so Christop the bartender and server was a blessing and was able to have sashimi platter of yellowtail, BBQ Eel, Tuna and salmon especially for me. Which I washed down with "In Bloom" which was delightfully refreshing.

Christop also recommended some great places in the Chicago for me dine at the following week since I would be working in downtown.

• Visited March 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Quirky Menu ~ Good Food & Service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We happened onto this place after shopping for some wedding gifts at Crate & Barrel. The restaurant is a attached to Shaw's Crab house and is very small but well done. Our server was very good about explaining the menu and making suggestions. The BBQ braised pork nachos seemed a bit out of place on a Japanese menu, however, they were highly recommended and were a great value at $8. The crispy rice (a fried rice version of Nigiri) was also very good, albeit a bit expensive at $3-$4 per piece. My wife had a noodle bowl and I had the Udon Seafood pot both were very good. Overall the restaurant is one that I would attend again if I were to be back in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Heidelberg, Germany
“Quite place, convenient price , nice, cool menu”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Eventhough is a simple place , its very quite, nice people serving, cool and simple menu with corn tortilla tacos, sushi, barbacue options , delicious baby ribs, and what else you can ask if it is also cheap ! None of the plates are in average of 10 dollars.
Good selection of wines, other selection of drinks available. Good location as well !

I am happy to know about this place now !

• Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“A little something for everyone”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have visited twice now with my family and we have had a terrific experience each time. The menu is not huge, which is refreshing, and has a nice mix of sushi, other Japanese "pub food", mini tacos, and noodle dishes. The sushi is terrific and very fresh. I have a shellfish allergy and they were extremely attentive, sending the manager to suggest items. Cocktails are different and good0 my sister enjoyed the white sangria both times, and I has the sparkling sake- not to strong or overly fizzy. My sister had the noodle dish with shrimp both times and loved it. I also tried the duck taco - great- and fish and chicken tacos- less exciting but still very good. There have two desserts- sorbet and these delicious little donut holes filled with melted chocolate- yum.

Overly all I would highly recommend Tokio Pub. Valet parking is available and the wait staff was great both times. The only thing I would inquire about is spice/heat. Many of the dishes are moderately spicy, though it ay not say it on the menu. If you are very sensitive, ask first.

There is also an outdoor patio with heat lamps which is fun and less noisy than dining inside the restaurant.

• Visited September 2012