“Great place, friendly staff!”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed here while in town visiting some friends. For the price, you can't beat this location. My room was very clean and extremely affordable. The staff was nothing short of professional and friendly. Even at 1am when I accidentally locked myself out of my room, they were extremely polite and courteous. Sherry and Gina went out of there way to help me and really made me feel at home.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of the staff and accomodations in Schaumburg. To provide this, along with value is top priority for us. We are happy you found your stay rewarding.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days to attend a HS Reunion of sorts. Nice kitchenette but bed was rock hard and the pillows are the worst. Had to ask for a few more just too equal 1 normal pillow. The towels were wimpy thin too.
Be sure to bring your own shampoo and conditioner since they don't supply any of those things either.
Convenience to party location and price (Hotwire $35 a nite w/ tax) was the key for this stay.

Room Tip: Stay on 1st floor since smokers are in upper floor rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Crashman1000
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Homestead Studio Suites in Schaumburg. I apologize for the problems you had during your stay, and rest assured they have been addressed with the staff. The hotel recently received all new beds, pillows, and flat screen televisions. Please give us another try the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a great place to stay. The staff is awesome and very professional. When our air conditioner broke Brian (maintenance) was there immediately to replace it. Everyone there makes you feel welcome and that you're important. I love it here. The price is very reasonable.

Room Tip: The lower floors are the best for disabled. There is easy access to the parkinglot from any side an...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dusty,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Chicago - Schaumburg. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Got a single queen room for about $60/night after taxes and fees. This was a great price for everything I want in a hotel. Decent bed, clean, lots of counter space, everything essentially working well, dishes, big refrigerator/freezer, microwave, toaster, stove top, wireless internet, friendly and helpful staff. We needed a frying pan, and the woman at the desk was happy to get one; she even offered to personally deliver it to our room (which we declined).

It was also a great location for our short vacation. It's very close to a grocery store and all other shopping needs. The train station is only a ten minute drive, in case like me you want to visit Chicago and avoid driving or parking there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonas M
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stay here often there usually aren't any problems. Hotel is cleaner then it once was... Trash rooms instead of in the stairwells which used to smell pretty bad! Great people at the desk. A few months ago got a few bug bites while in bed didn't think much of it because I couldn't find anything... My most recent stay got in bed late with my 2 yr old and boyfriend. My leg and ankle started itching and I noticed bumps couldn't sleep then my arm started itching and more bumps so I got out of bed and threw covers back about 4 bugs were crawling around my baby so I snatched her up disgusted!! Luckily she wasn't bitten neither was my bf but I suffered about 10-15 all over my body! Switched rooms ... Morning came manager refunded my money but I felt like I wasn't being taken seriously....said checked room and took off headboard and everything and only found 1 small bug like that made it so much better...well those small bugs make big extremely itchy bites!! After years of staying I will never again!

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank PeaceFulSleep
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Lets start with the good. The price. $49.99 a night is dirt cheap. You can hardly sleep in the woods for that. Secondly, the location. You are near everything in Schamburg, conventions centers, great restaurants, shopping. There's even a casino about 20 minutes away in Elgin. Another plus is that you can cook in your room or bring pets! Lastly, the staff couldn't be nicer. The are friendly and eager to help.

The bad? Blankets with burn holes in them, air conditioning units that sound like freight trains, mattresses not so great and paying extra if you want your linens changed and room cleaned if you're there less than a week.

Bottom line, it's worth what I paid for it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cjoseph3
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Picked this hotel as we had our bichon with us. I arrived at 4am Christmas day, and the U-shaped lock on the door to our room somehow bounced into place while I was gett ing the dog. Yes, locked out of the room at 4am Christmas! The desk clerk dragged the maintinance man out of bed to fix it - a good omen for the great service ahead1 HUGE bathroom, lots of towels etc., large bedroom with great closet space - you really could stay there a long time without missing too many amenities. If I had to find fault, it would be with the kitchenware (not much selection), and an over-soft mattress. Other than that, it's close to everything you need at a great price!

I should mention that there were some sloppy guests, and in the back of the hotel, it showed. Yuck!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Schaumburg hotels
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall
Comfort Suites Schaumburg
Comfort Suites Schaumburg
#19 of 29 in Schaumburg
Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center

Address: 51 East State Parkway, Schaumburg, IL 60173-5336 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Illinois > Schaumburg
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Price Range: $66 - $85 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.