“Very nice hotel, close to the airport”

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Venice
“Very nice hotel, close to the airport”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

The hotel is not big, and is located about 20 minutes from the airport, and just in front of the Woodfield mall. Its rooms are extremely nice, modern and clean. Wifi connection is available but not for free. Excellent breakfast and a very kind staff (they kept the restaurant open for three of us since we arrived late at night, and the manager was always available for any kind of request). Very good value for money. It also has a nice swimming pool inside.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We were attending a wedding in Rolling Meadows, and wanted to stay close to the wedding place. Hyatt Regency offered a great AAA rate, including buffet breakfast for 2, and we mainly booked it because of that. After reading previous reviews, I was not sure what to expect, but we really enjoyed our stay.
The hotel is very clean and modern. Our room had 2 double beds and was a good size. The bathroom was somewhat small, but very modern and clean. The cleaning staff did a great job - every night we came back to a completely clean room, with changed linens, soaps and towels. They even arranged all our shoes on the floor. The beds were extremely comfortable, with nice linens, down comforters, and lots of pillows. However, the beds seemed like they would be a little small for 2 adults.
As far as the location of the rooms, I would recommend requesting a room with an outside view as some rooms look into the hotel's atrium, and others can see into these room from across the hallway.
The breakfast buffet was great - excellent fruit selection, eggs, potatoes, pancakes, and lots of other breakfast items. The service in the restaurant was very friendly and accomodating.
The location of the hotel is great too, it's across the street from Woodfield Mall, with many stores and restaurants. If you plan to visit downtown Chicago, I would highly recommend renting a car. We rented from Enterprise at 1035 East Golf Road. They gave us a great rate, much cheaper than Avis, which is located at the hotel. Enterprise picked us up and it's only about a 3 minutes drive from the hotel.
Overall, we had a great 4-night stay, and if we come back to the area, I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Pierport, MI
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Hotel exterior is unassuming but my room was very nice and looked to have been completely remodeled. Check in and checkout was quick but they offered no automated checkout but thankfully there was no line. I would stay here again.

The bed was good. The only slight knock was that the towels had no plushness, felt like old Holiday Inn Towels.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My car was vandalized in the parking lot- window smashed in, GPS stolen. The Hyatt told me that they do not have suveilllance cameras, but do have " security." Very disappointing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank justme54481
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stopped at this hotel on the way to Milwaukee just for one night. It is a very large hotel that is very modern. We arrived late and left early, but we were happy with the look and cleanliness of the room. The bath room was very small. The sink is inside of the bathroom, which makes it difficult for one person to be getting ready while the other showers. The walls were a bit thin, and we could hear others in the hallway- but not a huge problem.

AAA Members get a free breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We had the buffet with fruit, pastries (YUM), eggs, sausage, bacon, quiche, french toast, etc. Great service and a great way to start the day. We got the room and two breakfasts for 70 (before tax). It was a great deal, and a great stay.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
HyattSchaumburg, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Thank you for your comments - We are happy you were able to take advantage of our great AAA promotion. This deal continues through the end of the summer - We appreciate your high recommendation and hope to welcome you back soon
Elkridge
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I was here for training for a week. This hotel is way far out, getting into downtown was a production. YOu can get a cab to the Arlington train station and then ride the train into downtown or just take a cab all the way in. The hotel is very nice, the bathrooms were great, there were so many pillows on the beds I had room service several times and it was delicious. The best thing was that the bellhops (I hate to use that word) could tell you where to go for anything and they really earned their money. There was a shuttle from the hotel which could take you to one of the many restaurants in the area. There is a mall across the street, easy walk, which is very large and was fun for one night. If you want to go to downtown Chicago, from here, it is tough but not impossible. Wireless worked well in the hotel rooms.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
HyattSchaumburg, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we have shared your positive feedback with our Chef, and guest services staff. A week is a long time to be away from home - we are happy our staff was able to offer suggestions on "things to see and do"
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stayed here as the Hyatt Place was full. The room was OK but I wish I had known that there was no natural daylight.. a real necessity for me to wake up. My room looked over the atrium. I had to lowed the blinds or be viewed by all. I won't make this mistake again!.
First I must say that the staff were the most pleasant I have encountered for a long time.. across the board.
I had a mediocre meal in the restaurant ( not a surprise) but I was shell-shocked by being asked to pay the cost of a whole bottle of wine I drink at home for just one glass!. This was the Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc. This alone will stop me staying here again.. To be fair I was so appalled that the maitre 'd gave me a free glass... and thus made me feel fondly about Hyatt depsite this. . I feel quite conlicted as the wine price was outrageous 400% markup ... but the staff were so nice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business