Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
$109
$119
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
$128
$80
$79
$161
  • Pool
$122
$118
Marriott Hotels
Days Inn & Suites Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
$51
$88
Country Inn
$89
1,270 results
All reviewswoodfield mallcoffee barhotel restaurantbusiness tripshuttle servicebreakfast buffetfree shuttleindoor poolunder constructionking bedfitness centerstaff was friendlyjoselobbychicagoshoppingconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2010

My boyfriend and I decided to take a last minute trip to Schaumberg, IL. I chose this Hyatt hotel because of the reviews and I am glad I did. First, we arrived and there was a little mix up with the room upgrade but we were very nicely accommodated. The hotel lobby was all very nice, modern and welcoming. Once we were in our room we were very pleasantly surprised. The decor was wonderful and the bed was so soft. The extended chair was a nice touch and we absolutley loved the bathroom. Although a little on the small side, the modern fixtures and stand-in shower made up for the lack of space.

The location of the hotel was ideal! We were there to go to the mall and there it was right across the street. We were also there to go to IKEA and there it was right behind us. We had our choice of fun restaurants within walking distance and not far from our location were even more restaurants and venues.

Any drawbacks? well... to rent a movie in the room was $10.00. That is absurd! The toiletries offered (i.e. shampoo, conditioner, lotion) were not pleasant smelling at all. Finally, after getting home I noticed that there was charge for the room that was much more than agreed to. After contacting the hotel I was informed that this is a holding charge in case of any damages to the room. I would have appreciated this being mentioned at some point.

Overall, this Hyatt was great! The pictures represent exactly what you will get when choosing this hotel. It was absolutley wonderful! Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2010

superb and very convenient. nice beds and beautiful lobby

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2010

I recently stayed at the Hyatt on a one night business trip. I was very impressed with the lobby upon my arrival. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and pleasant. I stayed on the 3rd floor and my room overlooked the lobby. If I was staying here for a personal trip I would request a room with an outside view. But the room was very clean and modern. Flat screen tv, comfortable bed and linens, and adequate room for myself. The bathroom was really small though. Loved the hairdryer! It wasn't one of those small ones hooked to the wall which was nice. I usually travel with my own, but since I was only there for one night I didn't have much room in my carry on luggage for it, so it was a nice surprise to have a decent one that didn't take forever to dry my hair. I also loved the massaging bath bar, and the rest of the toilettries. Oh and the rain showerhead.
The hotel bar was nice, and the staff was knowledgable about the beer and wine list and sure could pour a perfect Stella. Overall, this place was great (except the $48 cab ride from O'Hare). I reccommend reseaching a cheaper way of transportation from O'Hare ahead of time if you can.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2010

My wife and I, along with two other couples stayed at the Hyatt over the New Year's Eve holiday. The Hyatt had a great deal on their annual New Year's Eve party, so mixed reviews aside we decided to give it a try. The main focus here is the hotel itself, so I'll review that first, then give a short synopsis of the overall party. I'd made all the reservations for the three rooms, so I was able to confirm that even though we were unable to be right next to each other, we'd at least be close on the same floor. I'd read that the hotel had recently been renovated, and although I'm unfamiliar with how it looked before it was stunning now. The entrance and lobby were open, airy, and bright, done in warm tones and soothing colors. The lobby bar and restaurant were next to each other in a wide open space across from check-in. The lobby is made up to look like an outside park with lots of fake plants and trees with mood lighting and lots of places to sit to relax and socialize. Check-in was pretty quick and the staff we encountered were very nice, helpful, and accommodating. The hotel has a nicely appointed free fitness center with treadmills, bikes, and elliptical machines, free weights, sit-up balls, tension bands, water, plenty of towels (some are kept warm in a steam box), and an adjoining indoor lap pool. There's also an outdoor pool and jacuzzi but they are closed during the winter months. The hotel is five floors high and we were all given rooms on the fifth floor. Although the rooms on each floor are separated into different hallways the room numbers and directions are clearly marked so they're easy to find. The room itself was very, very, nice. Considering it's a small hotel in Schaumburg, Illinois it was nicely appointed. The furnishings are very contemporary and modern reflecting the warm tones of the hotel itself. As part of our package we were given a standard guestroom, and although it's the smallest of the rooms available there was a lot going on here. The room opens to a small foyer with a table and large mirror on one side and the bathroom on the other. The bathroom, as nice as it was, was kind of small. It had a large mirror, vanity lights, natural rock counter top with a single sink, marble floors and a stand alone shower. There was no tub. The shower had a large rainfall shower head and although it felt nice when you stood under it, it didn't have much pressure. It took a minute to wash all the soap off. The room itself had a large free-standing closet with iron, ironing board, and plenty of hangers. There's a short desk with expensive minibar treats and a free coffee maker on top and a free safe inside that was large enough to hold a laptop. You punch your own personalized code into the safe when you arrive and use it as much as you want. There was a large work desk with chair in front of the bed with large drawers in the desk, and a 37" flat screen T.V. sitting on top. When you turn on the television it welcomes you with your name written across the bottom of the screen. It has basic cable but no HD. The room also has a large sofa and a very comfortable king bed. There are tables on each side of the bed one with an IHome radio docking station. The room had plenty of light and was extremely clean. What you see is what you get when you see the photos on the hotel website. The only problems we had was our IHome didn't have a power cord, and the next day our iron didn't work. We called the front desk on both occasions and the clerk was very apologetic. The power cord and a razor for me took about ten minutes to come. The iron took about twenty. When I had to call back to check on the iron the clerk was still very nice about it. There are also two ice machines on each floor, and room service is also available. Parking is free in the large lot behind the hotel. The Hyatt is right in the heart of shopping and dining in Schaumburg with the Woodfield mall right across the street and lots of top tier restaurants and shops all around. Considering the daily rates here the Hyatt Regency Woodfield would be a great choice for visiting guests, or a shopping getaway. Now about the New Year's Eve party. This was everything a New Year's Eve party should be. For $199 not only did you get overnight accommodations, but you also got a ticket for each adult in the room (based on double occupancy) for the party. The Hyatt has many adjoining meeting rooms separated by sliding walls, but they were all linked to form one huge ballroom. There were lots of passed appetizers, food tables in each corner of the ballroom, a fresh pasta station, a large dessert table, and plenty of bars (five hours open bar) serving top-shelf liquor. There was a DJ playing music to please a mixed crowd, a large dance floor, and plenty of tables beautifully set with dinnerware, hats for the guys, tiaras for the girls, and noise makers. The dessert table also had extra hats, tiaras, and noisemakers. Upon check-in all party goers received a wristband for admission to the party. Security was set up to prevent any crashers. All guests' names were in a book and everyone had a reserved seat. No need for bottle service here. Each table sat eight to ten guests, so if you want to sit with a certain group you must specify that upon making your reservations. Midnight arrived with a champagne toast and massive balloon drop. It was a beautiful time.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank B.Hart
Reviewed January 13, 2010

My mother, sister, and I got a great bargain through Priceline, and our first impression was that we had really scored. Nice design, pretty rooms, civil bartender. But during our stay, we realized that we had been a bit dazzled. #1. The morning desk staff were rude and patronizing both to us and to other people who were asking about internet service (which is available for a charge in the rooms....and available for a different charge in the lobby) #2. The rooms suffer from poor design. The reading lamp between the beds was so bright that no one could sleep if it was on, and there was no portable reading lamp--and no reading chair--so that one person could be awake without disturbing everyone. As others have said, the bathroom and beds looked lovely but were quite narrow and difficult to negotiate.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family