“Girls Night Out Staycation”

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed January 7, 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt the Saturday before Christmas, and everything about the stay was fantastic! We didn't have to deal with traffic or parking at the mall, bartenders Dave & Dan were fun and engaging, our dinner at Fresh 1800 was delicious, and the room was comfortable and comforting.

It was great getting out of the city for a night, so I HIGHLY recommend it not only to visitors to Chicago but also to locals!

Stayed: December 2008

Reviewed January 6, 2009

My sister & new brother-in-law hosted their wedding reception at the Hyatt and we loved it! The banquet staff was wonderful to work with and I know that all of our guests appreciated the extra touches! Thanks again!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2009

My colleagues and I had a tremendous experience during our recent stay in this newly renovated property. The staff was friendly and the restaurant was terrific! We will book again next year when we plan our annual training in the area.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2008

We were in town this December for a an overnight stay at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield. My wife and I came in for a corporate Christmas Party. We have attended this party for the last 7 years and let me tell you, this year was the best. The Hyatt has done a lot of work to bring this hotel up to date. All of the carpets, decorations, paint and even signs on the walls were new. They have very nice digital signs all over that direct you around the hotel and identify the conference/banquet rooms. The staff was excellent and top notch, from the coat check to the bartenders. The food was delicious as always. We love coming here for our yearly visit and I would highly reccommend anyone looking for a great place to stay or get away for a night to book here. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. We didn't get to use any of the other amenities, but I am sure they are on par with the rest of the hotel. Again a great hotel.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 30, 2008

My fiance and I needed a break from reality, it was the perfect place to go. it is right across the street from the 2nd largest mall in the country, which is awesome for anyone! The rooms were fabulous, very clean & modern! We ate at the new restaurant Fresh 1800, which was amazing. The food was just as the name describes FRESH!! I would go back to this hotel in a heart beat!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 30, 2008

My husband and some friends met up for a post-holiday get together and tried the Hyatt restaurant, 1800. The ambiance was great, so relaxing and perfect for us to enjoy an evening of wonderful food. We sampled several menu offerings and loved all of them.

It's so cozy and has the perfect atmosphere for getting together with friends or family, a romantic evening with that special someone or treating clients to dinner.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2008

The remodel appears to be nearly complete. We stayed at the end of November and did not see much construction going on except the front entrance to the hotel was not yet open. There were plastic tarps hanging in front of the windows. We knew what to expect when we booked our stay so that did not affect the opinion of our stay. The hotel is not very warm, it"s a pretty open and cold atmosphere. If this is the new "Fresh" concept for updates to future Hyatt properties, I would say this is a concept gone wrong that they should abandon. They really should of torn this hotel down and built a new hotel or toally gutted the inside. Keeping the same door frames with 10 coats of paint and the same rough texture ceilings from the 50's just doesnt work when conbined with ultra modern fabric, patterns and furniture. The lobbies on each hotel floor are stark and cold. The stark white flourescant lighting just adds to the coldness. The lobby on the main floor had live fish in the lamps, the fish did not look well & lamps did not look clean.

The staff were courteous and frinedly.

The bed was uncomfortable (lumpy pillow top mattress - not high quallity), the sheets were very rough and the pillow cases were rough retained the heat from your body.

The bathroom was postage stamp size. There is not much room to turn around much less have two people in there at once. Our room had just a small shower, no tub.

All in all it was an okay stay. We stayed for free using Hyatt Points and my expecations were pretty low so I was not horribly disappointed. I do know I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple