“Hotel restaurant service by Jose”

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This restaurant has unusually good service. The food is healthy, simple, and tastes, good - a rare find in the area. Not too expensive either.

Jose did a more professional job that 95% of the waiters in NYC.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our Fresh 1800 restaurant. We are truly pleased to read that you were well taken care of by our staff and I'm looking forward to passing your review along to our team! Thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here one night during a conference. The check-in process was very easy and the staff seemed very friendly. This place has a barbershop which you don't see that often anymore, not that I took advantage of its service, but makes a nice option should it be needed. Elevators were a bit slow. Parking is close (free) should you need it. Very nice coffer bar near the large lobby. Recently renovated room was clean but a bit small. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Bathroom was a bit small as well. Plenty of outlets to plug in electronics. Could have used a better chair to sit in to watch TV.
All-in-all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SpartyIndianapolis
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

From our coffee bar to our barbershop, we strive to make our guests' visit with us truly memorable from beginning to end. We greatly appreciate you pointing out these extra services, as we feel it can make a big difference in a stay! We hope any inconveniences that you may have experienced with our elevators were minimal during your visit. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago in the near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Have just returned from a recent business trip where I stayed four nights in the Hyatt Regency. The service there was very good, the rooms are clean, spacious (as you'd expect in the US) and functional. The hotel is very well run from what I can see, they had numerous functions going on during my visit with plenty of people mulling around but this didn't detract from the service given by all staff. The I house breakfast menu was excellent, as was the buffet which at $15 isn't bad for all you can eat (if thats you're preference). Special mention to Juan in the breakfast area as his team do a great job in keeping everyone happy. Good omelettes! The hotel has a pool and gym, which were invaluable during the evenings rather than sit watching the 42" TV in my room. Overall excellent stay

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your recent business trip with us. We're delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast and greatly appreciate your kind recognition of our staff! It was our pleasure to accommodate you while in town for business and we hope we'll have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I booked this for my daughter's dance competition nine months in advance of my stay. I booked the Regency Club for the amenities for the club plus the rooms. I also did e-concierge before check in to ask for a refrigerator (extra charge), extra hangers and pillows. Also talked to a person before just to confirm.

This I what I received:
1. Not on club level but another floor on the other side of the hotel.
2. Given free wifi access at check in to be used only in restaurant area.
3. Asked about the refrigerator and was told they were looking for more. My question was "where"? No answer. None of other requests were granted.
4. When I called the front desk about not being in club level I was told that this happens when the hotel is oversold but I had access to the lounge even though it was on the other side of the hotel. I asked if I was given such horrible service because I didn't arrive until 5 pm? Same overbooked line. I told him I would be down to speak to the manager.
5. Went down and talked to manager on duty. Finally told that the lounge is closed on the weekend. Wow! I told him that it should be on the website like the last hotel I stayed. I would have booked a suite if I knew this.
6. At first he was not going to reduce my room rate because I was getting such a good entertainment card rate. Finally I was charged for a regular room.
7. The manager tried to make it right by sending up some snacks and free breakfast vouchers. I think we were supposed to get the vouchers anyway because of the lounge closed.

Now the room. Remember I booked Regency Club and would have booked a suite if in club level? We have been given a room at least 3-4 feet skinnier than any other room on this floor. It is actually an extension of a suite next to us. Our only window looks onto a balcony that we cannot access. Actually the chair is right next to our window. We were woke up at 6 am to Guns N Roses from said balcony and can hear every word next door. We can't look out the window so it is like we are in a cave. We have no closet or dresser. The wardrobe fits about six hangers and cannot store a suitcase. The bathroom is so tiny that I cannot shut the door if I am sitting on the toilet. Actually the bathroom is about the same size as the shower in our last hotel stay at the Westin.

Be very careful if you stay here and make sure to get here before check in or you could end up like us!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Jean A

We'd first like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that you encountered while with us. Understandably, you were frustrated when your request for a Club Level room could not be met and we deeply regret if the availability of our Regency Club was not made clear. We're disappointed to learn that our accommodations did not meet your expectations and would like to apologize once again for the inconveniences you endured. Please rest assured that this is not reflective of the standards we've set for our property and we will use your feedback as an opportunity to re-emphasize the high standards we desire to deliver to our guests. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

A group of us made the 5 hour trip up from deep Southern Illinois to take in a practice round of the 2012 Ryder Cup held at Medinah CC. Again, I always look for a Hyatt property when I travel (business or pleasure) and I was able to find a gem! This hotel was ten times what I thought it would be, in the best possible way!

I've seen a few complaint about the parking, I couldn't disagree more with those statements. There was a convention going on that week at the hotel; and if the guests weren't there for the convention, they were there for the Ryder Cup (the front desk associate told me about 89% of the people were there for the golf tourney that week) and we parked fairly close and the walk wasn't bad at all.

The lobby downstairs although very, very large, it easy to navigate and it gives you a great, open feel to things when you walk in.

The beds were great and the rooms were what I expected when we arrived, spectacular! The front desk and other staff were very friendly.

I will have absolutely no problem staying at this property again!

Five Stars!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We purchased this hotel through a discount site. The hotel is not very conveniently located off the highway, but not terribly painful. Many places to eat close by. The rooms are very large compared to most chain hotels. We have 3 kids, so we usually request a roll away. The city apparently does not allow this so we were unable to get one. I will not fault the hotel for that. You may suggest we get 2 rooms w/ 3 kids but our children are young and having them in a separate room seems unsafe and as a couple, it's not enjoyable to split up into 2 rooms. We travel quite a bit and have never had an issue but this hotel wouldn't allow it. Again, my rating doesn't reflect that as I understand its a city policy. The hotel is geared toward adults. The indoor pool is a lap pool so if you have young kids, there are no steps to play on and the depth is 4 feet throughout. I would be excited as an adult staying there because you could do lots of laps in that pool. It was great for that! The outdoor pool was not open, so i cannot comment on that. The staff we encountered were very average. Nothing screaming I love my job but nothing rude. There were some communication issues with room service. They didn't know what gluten free was and kept saying no, you can't have it for free. But again, not something to fault the hotel for. It's was pretty funny really. Anyways, I'd recommend this place to an adult traveler looking for a quite nice sleep. The workout room was nice too. The beds were awesome. It was very clean. The food was good. Great bath products.

• Stayed: April 2013

While we truly appreciate that you would recommend our hotel to any adult traveler, we regret that you did not find us to be well suited for young children. We can understand your frustration when we were unable to meet your request for a roll away and truly regret any inconveniences that you encountered as a result. We strive to offer an unforgettable experience for our guests and their families and appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. We would love the opportunity to welcome you and your family back and hope you'll consider giving us another try, perhaps when our outdoor pool is open. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Hyatt is a good choice hotel in Schaumburg. It is right in front of Woodfield Mall. Front desk are nice but I found out they kind of short in staff. It took me a while to check in and check out. Rooms are clean. Breakfast is so so. Not a lot of choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your impressions with us. We truly regret the length of time you waited to check in and check out and greatly appreciate you sharing your experience. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago and we hope you'll have the opportunity to visit with us again.