“Excellent Service”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Decatur, Illinois
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The service at the Hyatt was top notch. Everyone was very helpful and courteous. Only negatives were that wireless internet was not free and there was no free breakfast; however these items are typical of 4 star hotels. Overall a great experience.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago and we thank you for sharing your kind comments regarding the customer service that you received. For any inconveniences that you encountered with our services, we apologize. We truly value your feedback and hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The 1800 Fresh restaurant and 1800 Fresh Bar has an outstandingmenu with very fair pricing. We live in Chicago, but when ever my wife and I travel to the burbs we make it one of our stops for dinner.
I suggest you ask for Derrick as your waiter. He is very knowledgeable of the menu and very personable and professional, which is very hard to find today. I suggest the seared scallops and the Angus burger(ask for extra onion jelly, definately worth it to do so).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We’re very pleased to read how much you and your wife enjoy our French-inspired cuisine at our Fresh 1800 Restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. We know our future guests will truly appreciate your suggestions and we thank you for taking the time to recommend these dishes. We’d like to extend our sincere thanks for mentioning our staff members by name. We truly appreciate your high praise and look forward to sharing your review with our staff. Thank you.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have business meeting for the whole week in this hotel during meeting. Notice many companies are hosting their meeting in this hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean. However we need to put a request for daily bottled water and toiletries replenishment or it is always overlook ...the reason I use the word "we" is because it happened to few of us. The bar is busy and don't have many seats. The waiters and waitress are trying their best to ensure everyone has their drinks. Kudos. One thing I felt Hyatt should have given free printing services at least to hotels guests. If not mistaken to use their public computers, it cost easily USD7.50 for 15 minutes...many surrounding hotels such as Sheraton Elk Groove or Holiday Inn Arlington Height are providing free computer usage.

Room Tip: Quiet and spacious room. My room doesn't have bath tub but it is not my priority. Avoid rooms ne...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, as it’s always a pleasure to learn of our guests’ experiences with us. At the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, we understand just how essential certain amenities are for our business guests, which is why our fully equipped business center offers complimentary high-speed Internet, copy, fax and print capabilities. We do truly regret if you experienced any inconveniences while staying with us on business and will certainly share your comments regarding the bottled water and toiletries with the head of our housekeeping department. It was our pleasure to accommodate you for the week and we hope you’ll have the opportunity to stay with us in the future.
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2013

i don't think 10,000 characters is enough to truly describe how incredible our experience was, but I'll try. We had a tasting with a variety of meats, drinks, and service. Chef Spencer was not only incredibly friendly and helpful, but he was open to hearing our opinions and wanted our thoughts on all the dishes. Not only was every dish presented impeccably, but the taste and thought behind each dish was incredible. I don't believe my fiancee or myself have ever had a meal such as that. We truly felt like royalty with the spot-on service and amount of attention being given to us. Our server Derek and his help Jaime were totally friendly and constantly making sure we had everything we needed without ever being annoying. True they wanted to sell themselves but it never felt forced. It wasn't just about selling the business. It was about creating a memorable experience, which is exactly what we had. I can't thank the Hyatt and their staff enough for allowing us to have that. It was truly a wonderful night!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Learning that you felt like royalty is truly a wonderful compliment to us. We understand how important this evening was for you and your fiance and we couldn't be happier to learn that we were able to create such a special experience here at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. We are looking forward to sharing your review with our Chef and staff so they can see just how much their efforts were appreciated and we thank you for sharing your review.
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel. I spent 5 days there while working nearby...I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with the high level of customer service. The wait staff is awesome.request to be seated in Jose's section b/c he is so attentive and will answer any questions you have about the local area. During my stay, I ate 50% of all my meals at the hotel restaurant bc (for convenience and bad weather outside) but the food was actually delicious and reasonably priced. I would stay here again next time I'm visiting that area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
As a first time visitor to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, we greatly appreciate that you've reached out and shared your experience with us. We're thrilled to have been able to exceed your expectations and greatly appreciate that you chose to dine with us at our Fresh 1800 restaurant. It's wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area. Thank you for your review.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I spent 22 nights at the hyatt regency schaumburg, and the staff was amazing. The entire staff made this work trip productive, enjoyable, and relaxing at the same time. The restaurant staff was extremely professional, and the breakfasts were incredible. The room was spacious and clean, and housekeeping was always on top if every detail. I will definitely be back to stay here later this year.

• Stayed February 2013
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Learning that we could make you feel at home during your 22-night stay with us is one of the best compliments that we can receive. It truly makes us proud to read a review such as yours and we are looking forward to passing your review along to our staff. It was our pleasure to accommodate you at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago and we look forward to your return later this year. Thank you for sharing your experience.
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg early February 2013. I was very pleased with this hotel. It is very clean with beautiful contemporary decor. The staff was friendly, starting with the lady at the front desk who was very courteous and answered all my questions. I got there quite late and noticed there is a bar area with good ambiance. The location is exceptional near a mall and IKEA. The room was very spacious and unlike other hotels they have definitely put a lot of effort into the beautiful contemporary decor. Also the room was spotless, which was expected since it snowed while I visited and you could see the staff doing everything possible to keep the place as clean as it could be (lobby, etc.). I had breakfast the next morning and the service was excellent; they serve a choice of breakfast buffet or a la carte. I chose the buffet and tried almost everything... if you try it you will not be disappointed, everything was delicious and the service was exceptional. I also visited the pool and the work out area and was impressed. Something else that I really liked about this hotel is that is a great choice for any kind of visit, you can relax, have a good time at the bar, be there for business; so no matter what kind of trip you are planning, the Hyatt Schaumburg is the place to stay. This hotel is definitely committed to excellent service and with the excellent location, spacious spaces and new feel and decor this hotel is definitely a place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your beautiful review of the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. Your many kind words are truly appreciated, as you’ve summed up an experience we hope each and every one of our guests has while visiting with us. We can’t thank you enough for sharing your impressions with us and we hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.