“Clean, older, great location right next door to Ikea, a true perk!”

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Clean, older, great location right next door to Ikea, a true perk!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here just one night, for a conference for my company. The rooms are nice, clean, spacious and modern. The hallways have a bit of the motel feel to them but still clean and well lit. I was taken aback that I had to place a $50.00 credit on my cc for incidentals. I told the gal at the front desk that I wasn't going to use any incidentals, but I still had to pay it. Also, BEWARE! the snacks in the room are not FREE! they are extremley pricey and if you do decide to eat something from the bounty get ready to be out $5.00 for that cookie that looks, oh so good...
The only issue I had was that I always seem to end up on a floor where the "drunk wedding guests reside." 3:00 a.m. and the door slamming started. But this is not the hotel's fault.
Someday a hotel chain will devise a door that is v e r y quiet when it closes, until then I will just tolerate it and remind yourself, "it is what it is"

Room Tip: Getting a good room, in a great location, within any hotel is a crap-shoot no matter what, so just e...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dealing with noise disruptions during a stay can be frustrating and we truly regret any inconveniences that may have impacted your time with us. While we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding, we wish we could have had the opportunity to address this concern with you to ensure the best possible experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel room we had was on the 4th floor on a corner. It was a distance from the elevator but nice because the room had windows on 2 sides. Very spacious room with the best lounger seat I believe I have ever relaxed on. I wanted to take it home LOL. The room had a refrigerator and coffee maker but no microwave was allowed in the rooms because of power surges causing outages. That was unfortunate since the frig was full of leftovers and the only option was to take your food downstairs to coffee station which was always busy with customers. The staff was great at getting the room clean while we were out during the midday and accomodate any request we had. It had snowed twice during the visit but the staff was very good at clearing the lot and sidewalks. A typical Hyatt customer will have to pay for internet use & there is no breakfast included so keep that in mind.

Room Tip: If you can get a corner room, it is wonderful. Ours was next to the stairs but on the 4th floor no o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We’re thrilled that your stay encompassed the comfort that we hope to provide for our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, as we truly appreciate your great feedback regarding our accommodations. For any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay, we truly apologize and appreciate that you’ve shared your perspective with us. Thank you for your kind recognition of our staff members and we hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago in the near future.
Chicago Suburbs
Reviewed February 5, 2013

if I were to judge a hotel solely on the rooms and the service, I would say excellent. However, i like to throw in the restaurant and bar area. I would say this place needs updating in that area. Also, the conference rooms downstairs have the most uncomfortable chairs. and beware that if you are sandwiched between other groups, it will get loud. Finally, they tried to charge us $500 for wireless! The hotel rooms themselves are nice and big. The staff seemed friendly. So if you going for a meeting, watch out! if your going for personal or social reasons and are leaving the property for entertainment, it is a nice place.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We truly appreciate you sharing your impressions with us. It is never our intention for our guests to feel anything less than comfortable in all areas of their stay and we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you encountered in our conference room. We truly regret any issues that you experienced regarding your bill and hope you’ll allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. Thank you.
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel the past 2 years for a polkafest. It's always a pleasant stay. The location is great, right across the street from the mall and Ikea. There's tons of restaurants around it as well. A negative about the staff is that on the Saturday that we stayed our room didn't get cleaned until 5:45PM. I also heard from multiple people that the breakfast buffet was awful. But overall a good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
As a loyal guest, we greatly appreciate your feedback though we truly regret any inconveniences that you experienced with our housekeeping service. It’s always our pleasure to accommodate you at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago and we hope we can continue to welcome you back in the future. Thank you for your review.
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Chicago several times a year for work, and I now stay here by choice whenever I'm in town. The property is older, but is well cared for, and appears to have been recently updated. The rates are certainly reasonable for what you get.

THE POSITIVES: The rooms are modern and clean. They look very contemporary. They're also quiet. The lobby includes some nice gathering spaces. Service has always been good. The hotel is near a wide variety of restaurants and stores, with the Woodfield Mall right across the street. There's easy freeway access also.

NEGATIVES: Bathrooms are very small. They're updated with new fixtures and furnishings, but there's minimal space! The layout of the hotel is odd, and you can walk quite a ways to get to your room.

For me, the positive aspects far outweigh the negatives. The hotel is a solid value, and the facility and service make it a pleasure for this return visitor.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank mk72759
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We greatly appreciate the level of detail that you’ve provided, as reviews such as yours really gives us the opportunity to get a clear perspective of your time here. Your lovely descriptions of our hotel are very appreciated and we’re pleased to learn that you find us to be at such a great value. As a return guest to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, thank you for providing our future guests with a great review and we hope you’ll find your way back to us soon.
Bushey, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed since August 2012 in this hotel many times, sometimes for weeks on end, my total stay equates to over 3 months so I think I am best placed to make a truthful and honest review. From the word go, the best thing about this hotel is its staff, they were not only friendly and welcoming, but also, they made me and have always made me feel at home, I am yet to find anyone who has been anything other than helpful and considerate. I would like to mention a few members of staff in particular: -
Andrew - Management
Jessie
David

These are a few member of staff who have been particularly outstanding, for a huge instituation like the Hyatt, please remember, your staff are a credit to you and without them, your hotel chain would be no different to any other. Business and success is not all about numbers, its about repeat clientel and business, and you get this from me because of the staff you have, all of which in Schaumburg are exceptional may I say.

A few other things to mention, the rooms are brilliant, food and beverage quality and options and great.

I cants fault the Hyatt in Schaumburg and intend to use your chain more for all future hotel trips accross the globe.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We’d first like to extend our sincerest gratitude for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s truly wonderful to read a review such as yours, as our staff takes great pride in ensuring that all guests fully enjoy their stay. Learning that you always feel at home with us has to be one of the best compliments we can receive. We appreciate you taking the time to mention our staff members by name and we can assure you that your glowing review will be passed along. As a loyal guest to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago we hope we can continue to welcome you back in the future. Thank you for your review.
Kildeer
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at your Hotel. Juan (I believe that is how you spell his name) the bellman was very professional, had a nice demeanor, some of these bellman can be too overzealous but Juan overall has a good disposition. I travel a lot for buisness and pleasure- and I can count on one hand the best of the best bellman, they are few and far between. He deserves employee of the month if you ask me. You should be very lucky and proud that you have this young man working for your Hotel. Thank You Juan.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We couldn’t be happier to learn that you enjoyed such a pleasant experience with us at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. It truly warms our heart to read a review such as yours and we can assure you that your kind recognition of our staff member will be passed along. We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience regarding the customer service that you received and we hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.