“Great, can't think of any downsides.”

Days Inn & Suites Schaumburg
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Champlin, Minnesota
“Great, can't think of any downsides.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed in the LQ for one night. We were very impressed. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was pretty good. Comfy beds, big nice bathroom. I guess I did see one tiny bug flying around in the bathroom but it didn't bother me at all or make me not sleep.The wi-fi was good. Decent connection not lightning fast but it gets you by. It's just one time that you need to connect then never again. Beds were comfy like previously said, nice pillows. Good air conditioning register with fan option that helped me sleep. We'd never stayed at an LQ before and we were a little skeptical but in the end we were happy and I for sure would stay again and recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cesamos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We we're pleasantly surprised by our resent stay. We found it to be very centrally located for our needs. The staff was extremely helpful. We had a better night sleep than in our own bed. We will defiantly return, very good value for your money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Negatives: Parking lot a little tight but its between two restaurants. Bathroom a little tight. But thats about it.

From the moment we walked in, we were greeted and warmly welcomed. Check-in and out was extremely fast. The front desk personnel made us feel more than welcomed. When we got to our room, everything was clean and smelled decent. The rooms were spacious with a nice little table and wall mirror. The ice machine, vending, washer, and dryer all were in working order. The complimentary breakfast, (which is pretty good) with eating space, topped the cake.

I love how the mall is close by, with ample restaurants to choose from. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the neighborhood. My rating: A

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank luvalee1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I attended a conference for the weekend at the Schaumburg Conference Center. The drive from hotel to center was 6 litghts and less than 10 minutes. My room was on an interior corner/hallway intersection but I heard no hallway noise from my very comfortable bed. In-room coffee was wonderful, and I love your shampoo. The Hotel was near the highway and parking was readily available. Staff was friendly and helpful. Will stay again and again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
North Carolina
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

LaQuinta Shaumburg's biggest asset is LOCATION.  Numerous shopping and eating options are within walking distance, including adjacent Wendy's and Denny's.   I had limited interaction with staff, but front desk was friendly and helpful.

Upon getting to my room for my three-night stay, I checked out the hotel directory/guide.  This eight page directory has to be the most useless and unhelpful in all my travels.  Check-out time ? Check with front desk.  Refer to property map for vending.  Guess that's the one on the back of the door as there's not one in the directory.  Pool hours? Posted at the pool. Now, c'mon!

Also missed a laminated tv channel listing and had to use the on-screen guide each time to figure what was where.  Got "signal not available on several occasions.

Bed was comfortable but room lacked micro/fridge. Bathroom shower ceiling and shower head were very low for my 6 foot height and were annoying. Towels were very average and toiletries were not replenished.

I felt the breakfast selection was rather limited. Only hot item was waffles you heated in a toaster. Guess they figure if you're really hungry you'll walk to Denny's.

Property appears clean and well-maintained. With a little work my rating could improve from average to very good.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had never before seen such a complete lack of hospitality as I encountered from the front desk clerk on 7/25/2012. He was rude and he did not even let me speak with his supervisor. I would never ever recommend anybody to stay in La Quinta .
Nick