“"I RESERVED FOR NOTHING"”

Days Inn & Suites Schaumburg
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed September 25, 2011

first of all this was my husband and i 5th year wedding anniversary.we reserved this room on monday for the upcoming saturday.it was made specific that we needed a smoking room when we booked the room. unfortunately when we got there to our suprise they had no smoking rooms. they then tried to offer us a room with a Double bed. R U SERIOUS!!! I WANT TO SLEEP IN ONE BIG BED WITH MY HUSBAND. THE STAFF THEN BEGIN TO SPEAK IN SPANISH WHICH WAS VERY RUDE. THEY ACTED AS THOUGH THEY REALLY DIDNT CARE. I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE AGAIN AND I DEFINTELY WONT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL

Room Tip: do not come here at all
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Schaumburg

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I became aquainted with this hotel when I booked through Hotwire. I travelled from SW Michigan with my two children (10 & 6) for a final get-away before school began again. I must admit, I was quite skeptical, but when we arrived and checked in, in was PLEASANTLY surprised! Although the room was smaller than expected, it was a comfortable, cozy stay. I loved the fact that we were right by the highway, up the street from Target and Woodfield Mall, directly across the street from the Lowes Theatre, LegoLand and Game Works (we actually walked). My kids enjoyed the pool daily. Another plus was Denny's and Wendy's were situated on either side of the hotel. The stay was very nice and the staff helpful. The only things I suggest is a REAL waffle maker rather the toaster waffles, need to add cranberry juice as a juice option, the microwave and fridge should be standard and not any extra $, update the rooms just a bit (my curtain had brown marks on them) and should have an indoor pool.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LdySeats
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The sink had an extremely slow drain which made being there 2 nights very frustrating. Also the toilet seat was crooked.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We felt this was a good deal for the area. Breakfast, Pool, Fitness Center & proximity to Interstates were why we chose this hotel. Breakfast was decent & well stocked and beds were comfy. The things we did not like were that the air conditioners did not work well, too many loud drunks in the hallway at night, and needing to call for pool towels at the pool. Overall I think we would stay again though.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We have stayed twice in this hotel in the last year. Rooms are very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is pretty good, but with they had a waffle maker instead of frozen waffles.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank digetydog2004
Reviewed July 20, 2011

clean and convenient to interstates, airport and Woodfield Mall. good rate on hotwire also.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank rickloehr
Reviewed July 18, 2011

True this is not a 4-5 star hotel. The walk in was smelly and the carpet in the hallways is stained and dirty. HOWEVER, the staff is amazing! They Responded to my needs BETTER than some 4-5 Star Staffers. I can only share my experience. Based on the response to my needs.. from Staffer like Kayla, Laura and one other young lady whose name I did not get were amazing. The Breakfast was healthy and refreshing.
Great stay for the price. With so many businesses closing; it is nice to see this small franchise put the money where it mattered ....in the rooms. If a hotel has to choose where to spend the money; the guest rooms should be it. This hotel has done that.
Thank you La Quinta for 5 days of peace.
Dr. W. F. Wilson