“Almost perfect”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Higgins Rd and Rt. 53, I-290 and I-355
Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

My husband joined their e-club & received an immediate coupon for $25 off $50, so we thought we would go back to Shaws.

He had the halibut & I had the Dover scallops. His halibut, while good, was a bit drenched in lemon butter sauce. My scallops had to go back as they were only warm.

Management made good on the scallops & the fresh ones came out perfect the second time around.

Our scalloped potatoes were big enough to share & were tasty.

I think we will wait to go back, as there are many other great places to try in the area.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (391)

Reviewed June 18, 2019

Let's start on the plus side - tons of crab legs. We went for Sunday Brunch. Pretty standard fare eggs, bacon, etc. Also shrimp, crab legs, lobster cakes.. BUT NO PARKING at least not within 2 blocks. You could pay and extra $6 + Tip and have someone park your car. The crowds were awful and you spent most of your time not at the table with friends and family, but in line. And there was a line for everything.

Date of visit: June 2019
Amanda R, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw's Crab House, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2019

Stephen,

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your visit. Not sure if you joined us on the Sunday prior to this review, but that was Father's Day & the holiday Brunches are especially busy.

If you would like to try us again on a "regular" weekend, all the good points will still be present. Just let me know if you are interested by contacting my direct email, aroche@leye.com, & I will be happy to send an incentive to return.

Thanks!

Reviewed June 13, 2019

We’d arrived after a late flight from London,after a long check out at airport then check in at our hotel, but having been told of this long standing favourite,we went at around 9.30pm and only after ordering our drinks ( which didn’t arrive until 5 minutes after our food) were we told that it closes at 10pm, we’ll that seemed to mean for food orders. So it came down to lobster bisque,one plate of fries and a single large prawn with sauce. So our shortest ever visit to a restaurant and bar anywhere - 30 minutes in and out ! It looked nice and we’d have enjoyed a longer stay,which we shall if we return to Chicago.

Date of visit: June 2019
Amanda R, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw's Crab House, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2019

Rockin Ron,

We appreciate your feedback - thanks for taking the time. I am sorry to hear that it was not a great visit, especially after a long & late flight!

We'd love to invite you back in, if you are heading back our way...please reach out to me by direct email - aroche@leye.com - & I will be glad to set something up.

Reviewed June 11, 2019

We love seafood and this place did not disappoint. We enjoyed eating in the oyster bar. The atmosphere was upbeat and fun.

Reviewed May 21, 2019

We hadn't been here in a few years and now I know why. The food was just plain bad. The worst dish was the mashed potatoes, it looked and tasted like they had been mixed in a blender and poured into a bowl. Even the Diet-Coke was flat and stale tasting. The chowder was tasteless. The lobster roll was fine. The server was occupied with a group and could barely pay attention to us.

Date of visit: May 2019
Amanda R, Public Relations Manager at Shaw's Crab House, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Upgraded,

Apologies for the late response, somehow I missed this. We appreciate your review, but I am sorry it was a disappointment!

Could you please reach out to my direct email - aroche@leye.com - & I will do what I can to make things right for you.